Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.21 Average
Tutorial-Profile Manager-Quest Profiles
Profile Manager for making Quest Profiles

After Pressing the Profile Manager button it will bring up a new UI menu to create your Quest Profile.

[Image: dGUIOly.png][Image: 4QBZXoi.png]

Here we will go over some of the options for the Profile Manager(PM)
[Image: O0Lhzsz.png]

Profile Type: Here you can set the type of profile you want to create either a Duty profile or a Quest Profile.

Exisiting Profile: Here you would select a profile that you have already started and wish to add on to the profile

New Profile: If you wish to make a new profile you would name it here and then click create profile button.

Now that you have your Quest profile named lets get in to the options for the quest its self.

[Image: 6tDaHLn.png]

Quest ID: This is the ID for the current quest. You select the quest in your journal and click the Pull Quest ID button.

Quest Job: If you have to be a specific class/job for the quest you select the class using the drop down menu.

Quest Level: Select the level that the quest can be completed at.

After all these options are set you will click the "ADD Quest" button. You now should see your Quest ID listed in the Quests section. Now you will Click the quest to set the steps and options for that quest.

[Image: kjooivS.png]

Now we can edit the Pre Req quest(s) for current quest.
[Image: eAVpkJR.png]

Edit Pre-Reqs: If the quest requires a Previous quest to be done this is where you edit the Pre-Reqs for the current quest.
[Image: 5WeSt8J.png]

PreReq Job: Select the Class/Job that the PreReq quest requires you to be.

PreReq Step: This is to list the quests in order that are required to unlock a quest. for example if 1 quest is needed to unlock the current quest you leave this at 1 and then list the prereq id. If you had 2 quest required to unlock the current quest you would Set the first prereq quest to 1 list the ID then the 2nd quest would be set to 2 and then list its ID.(NOTE: most cases this will be left at 1 because quests are done sequentially)

PreReq ID: This is the ID of the quest that must of been completed before picking up the new quest.

Add Pre-Req: adds all the pre-req info to the current quest.

Clear all PreReqs: clears all PreReq info you created.

Now We can edit the steps for the current quest

Edit Steps: This is where you would Set the tasks for completing the quest.( Start quest, Kill counts, or item pick ups.)

[Image: b8AQq0i.png]

Current Step: Quest profiles are broken down in to steps. Each step of the quest will be assisgned a task, map id, mesh name, and NPC ID if it needs to interact with an NPC. You can add Multiple steps per quest and list them in order.

Step Task: There are currently 5 different types of tasks and 1 custom task this is where you tell this step of the quest what it is going to perform.
[Image: qwDLykR.png]

Start: This is where you start the quest and the first step, You set the Map ID Mesh name you want to load the ID for the NPC quest giver and then click add step.

Nav: Setting a NaV steps instructs the bot to navigate to specific x,y,z cords ( this typically wont ever be used the bot knows how it needs to navigate to get from one map id to the next.)

Interact: Able to use this to interact with NPCs for quests or Objects for quets. Like say you have to untie some NPCs or you need to interact with items on the ground, you would use this task. Can add a dealy in (ms) before moving to the next item/npc for the cast time of the interact.

Kill: This task is used for kill count quests target the mob and add how many you are suppose to kill for the Kill count and then add step.

Complete: This task is used for turning in the quest once you have completed it. here you set hte map id mesh name and NPC ID that you need to turn the quest in to, also reward slot.

[Image: QFiJ078.png][Image: WnKVOuF.png]

At the bottom of hte Step Manager you have edit Turn-ins. This is where you add the Id Number of the items and which slot the go into. So say you have to pick up 3 items from a quest to turn in to an NPC, This is where you set up The ID+Slot in the turn in window to the NPC.

Add Step: after you have chosen what type of step you want to do you click this button to add the step.

Save Quest: This saves all quest info to the current profile.

Delete Quest: This removes the current quest from the profile.

Save Profile: Finaly once you have set up your profile and entered all the quests you click Save Profile to write the profile to a file.
I am trying to test this out with levelquest and i have a few questions:
-How would you go about initiating a levequest?
-Can it be setup to loop? As in finish quests, turn in, pick up again?
Start: This is where you start the quest and the first step, You set the Map ID Mesh name you want to load the ID for the NPC quest giver and then click add step.

Complete: This task is used for turning in the quest once you have completed it. here you set hte map id mesh name and NPC ID that you need to turn the quest in to, also reward slot.
One thing to remember, leve quests are not static. They pull from a few quests and random them when you talk to the NPC. Also, some of the leve quests also requires you to use items on mobs to advance.
Can you start a levequest with this currently? I followed the tutorial but the bot walks up to the quest giver and just stands in front of him. I am probably doing something wrong. Attached the quest profile I created.

Attached Files
.zip   levequest test.zip (Size: 518 bytes / Downloads: 42)
Is it supposed to auto click accept and complete? It just seems to hang at the respective screens for me.
Probably have the completion step of the quest not setup correct.
I don't have the option for quest manager
its part of the beta bot
where are people getting the quest number from to fill in for new quest entries?