Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 3.21 Average
Tutorial-Profile Manager-Quest Profiles
Can we please have this thread stickied. I couldn't remember where I seen this great tutorial before and and spent an hour trying to find it.
I have been having trouble doing a hand over item quest.

ID 708 We come in Peace . The last step of the quest involved speaking to a npc, then handingover an item, then completion (all in 1 conversation)

completion / finish tasks wont work (error: Quest item handover required but itemturnin not specified in profile).

I have just started using the Quest builder. I'm probably doing it wrong :S
(12-31-2014, 01:01 AM)Rustyclippers Wrote:  I have been having trouble doing a hand over item quest.

ID 708 We come in Peace . The last step of the quest involved speaking to a npc, then handingover an item, then completion (all in 1 conversation)

Item use task doesnt work

completion / finish tasks wont work ( Quest item handover required but itemturnin not specified in profile).

I have just started using the Quest builder. I'm not sure if i'm just doing this wrong, the quest is bugged, or if there is no task function for handovers

[Image: b2bbf6ec23.png]

Enjoy!!
Latty your a lifesaver. I was getting mildly frustrated lol... Looking back i can see what i missed in the tutorial. I derped

ps. thanks for the picture + highlight & the quick response time!
I was continuing my Story Quest line past Levi Hard and came across those issues.

@Devs:

1) Do we have a step of using an item on the floor around a NPC? Example: Use a bomb to blow boxes up. Ground Circle, like Flaming Arrow. "Use Item" just pulls up a circle, but you need to click manually to activate it.

[Image: BCsPmFw.png]

What is the use for the Accept Step?
What is the difference between Kill and DutyKill?

Issues:

2) I came across a quest where you need to refresh a "Transparent /Invisible"-Buff. With a normal interact step it was using the refresh in loop forever. I couldn't get a fail time to work. Would be good to look into it sometime. Only way to fix for me was to manually proceed to the next step.

http://i.imgur.com/yviNlfc.jpg

3) I had to kill 1 Frog who was in my way. I set up a kill step with the Mob ID, Killcount 1, but it went rampage the whole area and killed the same Mob ID over and over ignoring the kill count.

4) Interacting with a NPC who has more than 1 Quest available the bot might get stuck in a loop, not knowing which Quest to pick.
I think it can be avoided by ["conversationindex"] = 1;

5) If you don't want the bot to avoid incoming AoEs use ["disableavoid"] = true;

6) There is also a ["type"] = "killaggro"; Type, which is not listed under the steps. Maybe because it can cause issues.

7) Is there a list with commands, or an explanation of those commands, like ["disablecountcheck"] = true;. What is it counting?

8) Just a small request, is it possible to create the pos in the order XYZ, not YXZ.

[Image: 7yImZ3q.png]
they do have the option yes. remember in main story quest you have to blow up a rock out side of Norhern Shroud
Found it. Thanks.
PHP Code:
                [2] = {
                    [
"usepos"] = {
                        [
"y"] = -66.363212585449;
                        [
"x"] = -222.75425720215;
                        [
"z"] = 396.59188842773;
                    };
                    [
"type"] = "useitem";
                    [
"mapid"] = 154;
                    [
"meshname"] = "North Shroud";
                    [
"itemid"] = 2000616;
                    [
"delay"] = 3000;
                    [
"pos"] = {
                        [
"y"] = -66.328727722168;
                        [
"x"] = -222.61454772949;
                        [
"z"] = 393.45126342773;
                    };
                }; 
Another issue we could work on.

On Quests where you need to pop more mobs it's necessary (as BLM) to clean up aggro mobs around first.
In the "interact"-Step it cleans aggro mobs, but not in "(pop)-kill" steps.

It keeps dying to too many mobs around.
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/kc2xNFR.jpg

I tried dutykill, kill, and killaggro, but it keeps ignoring my "killcount", "radius" and goes for all those MOB IDs he sees in 50y radius.
(01-04-2015, 01:14 PM)Leon Wrote:  Another issue we could work on.

On Quests where you need to pop more mobs it's necessary (as BLM) to clean up aggro mobs around first.
In the "interact"-Step it cleans aggro mobs, but not in "(pop)-kill" steps.

It keeps dying to too many mobs around.
Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/kc2xNFR.jpg

I tried dutykill, kill, and killaggro, but it keeps ignoring my "killcount", "radius" and goes for all those MOB IDs he sees in 50y radius.

dont put mob ids and it will kill only aggroed mobs close by.

What i do is put a Killaggro just outside of the purple area so it kills local aggro.

then move inside and put another killaggro which ensures:

You arnt mounted when entering the area.
you kill aggro both in the purple and any potential adds.

As per above killaggro in the ui.

it also has a conversation index for the interacts.
WARNING.

Having a conversation index when one isnt required wont act as it has been completed.
Leave it blank unless needed.

I have added this into mine. this isnt official and will be overwritten on updates so make a copy.

.rar   ffxiv_quest_ui.rar (Size: 9.35 KB / Downloads: 32)
Thank you :>