Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.19 Average
Unable to run Minion (Crashing game)
No other applications running. Strange because it was working this morning again using the beta version. Now it crashes the game as soon as you launch. Everything ran perfect before the patch.
if you are switching from beta to live versions or vise versa you need to do a fresh install when switching do not just overwrite files.
I installed the beta since a fresh install of the original version wasn't working. Now I only run beta as its only version i've got working since patch.

Quick note: Just got it working by opening the minion whilst in a city, I got the same black screen, it froze but didn't crash. Somethings not right either way!
(05-18-2014, 09:00 PM)dw217 Wrote:  I installed the beta since a fresh install of the original version wasn't working. Now I only run beta as its only version i've got working since patch.

Quick note: Just got it working by opening the minion whilst in a city, I got the same black screen, it froze but didn't crash. Somethings not right either way!

are you running anything like mumble or teamspeak? fraps? because im not having any isseus whats so ever with beta or live version across 32 bots 2 different computers.
So I am unsure what changed but it has to be some option or optimization for NVIDIA cards. I did a clean install (Reverts settings back to default) for the card using the version I mentioned before and BAM it worked. If you are using GF Experience it might have updated the settings. There is some setting that apparently it does not like on Card Optimization. I didn't change it but reverting to defaults with a clean install solved it.
GeForce Experience itself is probably the actual culprit.
(05-21-2014, 12:45 AM)aceRage Wrote:  GeForce Experience itself is probably the actual culprit.

yup which is listed in the setup tutorial not to have activated.
Got the same Problem, but only on my Notebook, my other PC just works fine (for now).

Can't really list much .. the only thing which has changed since it worked well was the installation of Mumble - I'll edit this post if mumble did that.
mumble did do it.... you cannot run Team speak or mumble it will crash the bot its in the setup tutorial of the bot....
Specifically the graphic overlays that some TS/Mumble installs will include/run are what cause the issues. If you can disable those features it might work correctly.
I've used TS3/Mumble both with minion but only the simplest version of the client, without all the extra features/overlays.