Thread Rating:
  • 47 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Tutorial-FFXIVMinion v1.5 "How to Grind"
In this Tutorial How to Grind we will go over how to set up the bot to grind via grind markers and also will go over how to set the bot to Fate Grind.

Other important Tutorials you should read before reading this tutorial are,
Tutorial-FFXIVMinion v1.5 "Mesh Manager" (How to create/select Navmeshes)
Tutorial-FFXIVMinion v1.5 "Marker Manager" (How to create markers)
Tutorial-FFXIVMinion v1.5 "Skill Manager"(How to create/select Skill Profiles)

First thing you are gonna want to do is set the bot mode to Grind
[Image: R95MJ4G.png]

Once you have set the Bot Mode to Grind you will need to select the navmesh for the zone you are in. Open hte Mesh Manager by clicking Advanced Settings
[Image: nxcj9OF.png]

Once you select the Navmesh for the zone you are in(or area you want to grind at) confirm the mesh loaded correctly by clicking "Show NavMesh"
[Image: DJGBo1F.png]

Once you confirmed you are on the correct NavMesh you will need to place Markers for each area in the zone that you want to grind at. You can set these based on level ranges or by time. Locate the Marker Manager by clicking on Advanced Settings.

You want to set the Marker Mode to List if you are going to run multiple markers for different level ranges or times. Set the marker mode to single if you are going to stay at one marker only.

Set the marker Type to Grind Marker then Click New Marker.

[Image: IlTgD3q.png]

Once you click new marker you can edit the marker for your desired effect. Here I'veset the first marker level range 36-40 It will Grind at this marker till it dings 41 at which point it will move on to the next marker that is 41-45
[Image: MMFIh5X.png]

once you have your marker manager set up with the list of markers you want to use for grinding you need to select a skill profile for the class you are running.The Skill Manager is located under Advanced Settings. If its the default profile you want to run when this class is loaded tick that box and tick the enabled box.

[Image: 0rA461z.png]

After you have selected your Skill manager profile for the class you are running all thats left is to enable the bot by pressing the start/stop button.

[Image: hW1GyN3.png]

How to set the bot to Fate Grind
in addition to grinding at Grind Markers you can also have the bot Do Fates inbetween killing mobs. To enable Fate grinding locate the "Settings" options on the main bot window.

[Image: hW1GyN3.png]

Expand this option window and put a tick in "Do Fates"
[Image: z4xZHGw.png]

Furthermore if you want the bot to ignore all grind markers you can put a tick in Fates Only.
[Image: INatg01.png]

If you happen to be on the Atma quest chain you can enable Do Atma and the bot will change zones after you loot the Atma quest reward from your current zone(lvl 50 characters only)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grind Settings

Grind Advanced Options:
[Image: lFowtlw.png]

Prioritize Claims: works with Content ID from your grind markers. When Enableing Prioritize Claims the bot will try and gather all mobs within the Claim Range that match the content ID you put on the grind marker.

Claim Range sets how far the bot will look for Mobs when you enable Prioritize Claims.

Attack Claimed will attack mobs that are claimed by other people/groups.

Rest HP, Rest MP sets the bot to rest when finishing combat below the % vaule placed.

Flee HP%, Flee MP% sets the bot to Flee combat when reaching these values while in combat. The Evac point (flee point) is set in the mesh manager.

Combat Range% is for ranged classes. This setting is % value of your max range. so if your max range is 25yalm setting this setting to 90% will have you try to attack the mob when you are about 20 yalms away.

FATE Options:

[Image: ADkpUiK.png]

Rest in fates will enable you to rest when the HP/MP% value is reached after combat while doing fates.

MaxFatelvl:+ is how many levels above your current level you want to do fates. For example if you are level 20 and set it to +5 it will do fates up to level 25.

MinFatelLvl- is how many levels below your current level you want to do fates. For example if you are level 20 and you set it to -5 it will do fates as low as lvl 15.

WaitForcomplete% the bot will run to the edge of the fate and wait for what ever value you place in this box. For example 5%, the bot will wait till 5% of the fate is completed before joining.

Teleport % If the fate reaches a certain completed % the bot will simply telepot straight into the fate instead of running to it. Teleport must be on and no players within 30y of you.

i been trying this tutorial, but the my char is lvl 20 and it keep on going to lvl 30 fate. i tried to play around with the max and min lvl and i set it up to 20, but still my char head to lvl 30+fate
That is not how it works. The max is your level + the level you set it max.

For example, if you are level 20 and you set max to 5 and min to 5, the bot does fate range from 15 to 25.

You set it to 20, that means it goes up to level 40.
yeah dude read the tutorial. I give a clear example

MaxFatelvl:+ is how many levels above your current level you want to do fates. For example if you are level 20 and set it to +5 it will do fates up to level 25.

MinFatelLvl- is how many levels below your current level you want to do fates. For example if you are level 20 and you set it to -5 it will do fates as low as lvl 15.
Thnx, sorry about that guys
i am having an issue in that my bot was doing fates great and then after i got a few atma it runs up to fate and stands there staring at it it wont engage... i re installed a few times and it still does same thing.. gathering is totally broken .. also i dont have the "atma" option you show above.. that would be a huge help and is the main reason i got the tool. i appreciate any help
Are you using live or beta version of the bot? This tutorial is for beta version. I don't do fates so I am not sure about if it's working or not. Gathering is working fine, at least in the beta version
(08-13-2014, 11:20 AM)ryan.bonanno Wrote:  i am having an issue in that my bot was doing fates great and then after i got a few atma it runs up to fate and stands there staring at it it wont engage... i re installed a few times and it still does same thing.. gathering is totally broken .. also i dont have the "atma" option you show above.. that would be a huge help and is the main reason i got the tool. i appreciate any help

This is for the up and coming 1.5v of hte bot that is the "beta" version of hte bot.
This solved so many things I was having trouble with, I thank you for making this tutorial
Since the update, the minion can't detect any skill, the skill profile that I use is BRD 3.0, but the only skill that is detects is just invigorate. From the skill book, the available skill is just mage's ballad.

Before the patch, it works just fine though. Did I make a mistake in the setting? Or is there a new skill profiles destination folder for the new patch?

Thanks in advance