Thread Rating:
  • 47 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Tutorial-FFXIVMinion v1.5 "How to Grind"
Hey all, I am currently leveling Bard and I wanted to know if it is possible to make a kiting profile? If so how would you go about doing this? The only way I could think of would be to set down markers but still then I am unsure. Or maybe with the markers set up in an area you want and then use click to travel but I guess you would have to keep clicking in a circle for that to work..

Anyways, if it is indeed possible I would really like to know how to make a profile for it!

Thanks,
samd
markers are not waypoints, they Mark an "area" you want to do stuff. The problem with kiting is navigating a path away from the current mob that wont take you through other mobs. But really nothing really needs to be kited. I set boss fates to 1% so that other people are there before i am, if i pull agro its actually bad to start kiting you could reset the boss, or make it harder for the tanks to get agro. For non Boss fates i dont see any reason to ever kite a mob, most times they are dead by the time they get to you as a bard with as much burst as they have, or if they do make it to you they only hit you 1 or 2 times.
@Cichard

Oh I totally forgot about fate's being able to be reset ><; Well thanks for the quick response I appreciate it!
(05-19-2015, 01:12 PM)samd Wrote:  @Cichard

Oh I totally forgot about fate's being able to be reset ><; Well thanks for the quick response I appreciate it!

HEY np i would set the fates you are having issues with to 1% or 2% that way it waits for someone else to start attacking before it starts fighting.
I currently have it set to 1%, its just that its am here and a Tuesday lol, so not many people are doing fates. I just put on assist mode and started running around lol. Just wish it was automated xD.
try a different zone, i do aleport, 10-30 mostly and then dragonhead 30-50.
Ya I was doing Costa, I saw one of your posts about your aleport 1-30 I will try that next time. But I did take the tip on 30+ to dragonhead! Working great lol, thank god for being able to set hp here lol.

But another question sorry ><, I know you can set the program to "Prioritize claim" which I always do. Then there is a claim range % even at 0 on claim range and other mobs are purple aka people fighting them I still hit white/yellow mobs. Is there anyway to turn off claiming 100%?

Thanks again buddy I really appreciate the quick responses.
for fates you do not need to prioritize claim, that is for regular grinding or farming, in fates the bot will fight Claimed mobs.

Prioritize Claims: works with Content ID from your grind markers. When Enableing Prioritize Claims the bot will try and gather all mobs within the Claim Range that match the content ID you put on the grind marker.

so prioritize claims means it trys to hit yellow mobs first, so it will tab yellow hit it, tab yellow hit it, tab yellow hit it, till there are no more yellow within the claim range then kill them. So if you want to kill purple mobs which you should in fates just untick priortize claim.

as you can see by the description i think you read the name wrong, its not prioritize claimed its priortize claims, so it priortizes claiming mobs not fighting claimed mobs.
Hahaha, wow I feel so dumb! HAHAHA wow thank you! I can not believe I was reading it as "Prioritized claim"!! lol, god that might of made the list of top dumbest things asked on minion so far!

lol thanks again.
anyone have fate grind profile for north thanalan ?