Thread Rating:
  • 47 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Tutorial-FFXIVMinion v1.5 "How to Grind"
all you need to do is set your evac location to some part of the map he will go there when no fates are up. then you need to do put a tick mark in "do fates" and "do fates only". also dont put a check mark in "unstuck"
(09-06-2014, 02:36 PM)Cichard Wrote:  Right now there is a problem with single marker type. What you need to do is go to the area you want to farm this specific mob at. Drop the grind marker down. If you are level 50 then set the marker level 1-50 and the timer to 0. Set the marker manager to marker list then add that marker to the list. Then set the Content ID for the mobs you want to farm. for example to farm 3 different mobs 123;456;789. Fates do not need markers at all. Markers are only for grinding mobs. so to put this in list format.

Go to your zone
Select the Navmesh for your zone
Go to the area you want to farm
Set marker mananger to marker list
click new marker
set marker level 1-50
set timer 0
add the content IDs of the mobs you want to farm.(not names but IDs should be ## you get this from the dev tool, or target hte mob and hit whitelist button)
Add this marker to the marker list.
make sure you have a skill profile loaded
hit start.

Ok so tryin to get bot to just target 1 and ignore others mobs... Did get it to work in both single an list mode but can't get it to ignore there others... I did try instructions in quote but still can't get to work once I add a number to not content Id it just stands there. I even tried doing a reload lua once I made changes... Is it possible to just atk the mob I want and have it ignore the other mob takin me or that's just build in to atk back... Thank you for any help or suggestion....
Can you give me an example of where you want to grind and i'll check it out?
(02-01-2015, 06:10 PM)Lexus003 Wrote:  
(09-06-2014, 02:36 PM)Cichard Wrote:  Right now there is a problem with single marker type. What you need to do is go to the area you want to farm this specific mob at. Drop the grind marker down. If you are level 50 then set the marker level 1-50 and the timer to 0. Set the marker manager to marker list then add that marker to the list. Then set the Content ID for the mobs you want to farm. for example to farm 3 different mobs 123;456;789. Fates do not need markers at all. Markers are only for grinding mobs. so to put this in list format.

Go to your zone
Select the Navmesh for your zone
Go to the area you want to farm
Set marker mananger to marker list
click new marker
set marker level 1-50
set timer 0
add the content IDs of the mobs you want to farm.(not names but IDs should be ## you get this from the dev tool, or target hte mob and hit whitelist button)
Add this marker to the marker list.
make sure you have a skill profile loaded
hit start.

Ok so tryin to get bot to just target 1 and ignore others mobs... Did get it to work in both single an list mode but can't get it to ignore there others... I did try instructions in quote but still can't get to work once I add a number to not content Id it just stands there. I even tried doing a reload lua once I made changes... Is it possible to just atk the mob I want and have it ignore the other mob takin me or that's just build in to atk back... Thank you for any help or suggestion....

just put the content id of the mob you want to attack in the marker then it will only attack that one mob.

as example say there are 3 mobs you want to kill in a small area but the 4th you want to ignore. you would then put the ID of the 1 mob in the not content id spot. This would then kill every other mob in radius of hte marker except this 1 content id.

now flip that say there are 4 mobs in the area but only 1 you want to kill then you put the 1 content ID in the content id field then the bot will only focus that type of mob and ignore the rest.
(02-01-2015, 06:44 PM)Latty79 Wrote:  Can you give me an example of where you want to grind and i'll check it out?

Example is east shroud... Tryin to kill just one mob without tryin to stay and kill all the other monsters that ago me... Sylpheed snarl has id of #69 so I put that in content I'd... Not if I put something in the Not content I'd will just stand there for me... So might be my mistake but don't know what I'm doing wrong.... Just tryin to set up for zones with a lot mobs don't wanna stay killin everything... Like East shroud or east la nosca hunting 2nd cohorts just few examples
It's not your mistake, if you look in the console, there should be an error getting spammed while the bot is on. You'll need to wait for the fix unfortunately.
(02-01-2015, 07:56 PM)Latty79 Wrote:  It's not your mistake, if you look in the console, there should be an error getting spammed while the bot is on. You'll need to wait for the fix unfortunately.

Thank you for checking.... And for your time... Gd to know it wasn't me... There is so much to learn about the bot so little I know wanna make sure doing it correctly... thank you again
for now just put the content id for the one you want to hunt not the ones you want to ignore. then it will kill just that one mob.
(02-01-2015, 11:41 PM)Cichard Wrote:  for now just put the content id for the one you want to hunt not the ones you want to ignore. then it will kill just that one mob.

Thank you... And I did find something interesting. Task manager but that a diff thread....
So I wanted to make sure I played around with everything before posting here, but I'm having some problems. I've followed all the tutorials that are prereqs for setting up grind and gathering. However, when I press the start/stop or the enable check box, my character just stands there. It recognizes the marker and that I've set no time limit (doing level 1-50 instead), but it just doesn't do anything. I tried making my own mesh as the small area I wanted to farm, and then the bot would actually start but it would just continuously run me into the walls when it could no longer find a target. It also won't display the path even though I have that box checked.

It isn't helping that all of the tutorials show a different UI than what I see when I use Minion. Is there something I'm missing?