Thread Rating:
  • 26 Vote(s) - 3.27 Average
My BLM profile (Lv 60)
Yeah. For those who made profiles often the new skill manager doesn't seem as straight forward. One would think it would be, but it takes time to comprehend the differences between the old and new, and how to best make a profile with the new one. It's interesting that someone gave up (angel?) and has a stable enough version of the old skill manager that works well with her profile. I wonder if kyle's profile would work well with the old one. My old blm profile that I used is working well with it. Yet I see some amazing profiles using the new skill manager, so I'm not giving up hope or saying the old is better than the new, but until profiles and the new skill manager code mature a bit more it might be interesting if you could tell me how kyle's old profile works with the old skill manager. Is it the same?
(08-08-2015, 08:57 PM)Namnaf Wrote:  Yeah. For those who made profiles often the new skill manager doesn't seem as straight forward. One would think it would be, but it takes time to comprehend the differences between the old and new, and how to best make a profile with the new one. It's interesting that someone gave up (angel?) and has a stable enough version of the old skill manager that works well with her profile. I wonder if kyle's profile would work well with the old one. My old blm profile that I used is working well with it. Yet I see some amazing profiles using the new skill manager, so I'm not giving up hope or saying the old is better than the new, but until profiles and the new skill manager code mature a bit more it might be interesting if you could tell me how kyle's old profile works with the old skill manager. Is it the same?

It is broken with the old profile. And i dont think Kyle has time to update it.
We really need good BLM profile. But sadly no one make it :(
I think here is the same problem as there is for ninjas...

The new skill manager isnt optimal for black mages since there are some relevant options missing - such as "next skill prio".

I would work on a profile for BLM but since I know I cant get the best out of it (as i can get with the old one) it's just time waste for me.
(08-09-2015, 09:04 AM)Angelol Wrote:  I think here is the same problem as there is for ninjas...

The new skill manager isnt optimal for black mages since there are some relevant options missing - such as "next skill prio".

I would work on a profile for BLM but since I know I cant get the best out of it (as i can get with the old one) it's just time waste for me.

thats exactly the problem i have. w/o next skill prio , i get troubles to get the rotation working well. i try to update it since 1 week, but between new changes on skill managers and new skill managers updates every 2 days, its a pain in the ass to make something working . like i said dont worry guys, i work on it. its just a pain to do it .
How about prev skill id option?

I have some progress with this option but still too far away from next skill id T_T
From Russia with love
(08-10-2015, 09:18 PM)idurus Wrote:  How about prev skill id option?

I have some progress with this option but still too far away from next skill id T_T

Won't work.

@Ninjas for example you can't use Duality + Aeolian Edge 100% since the "previous Skill" is Gust Slash and this is the pre combo for Dancing Edge / Armor Crush and Aeolian Edge.
So sometimes @Ninjas Duality is used with Armor Crush / Dancing Edge / Aeolian Edge and you can't decide what's going to be used.

For such skills "next skill prio" is REQUIRED - you cant fix it on another way.^^

And for BLMs there was the same problem, but cant remember which spell it was, forgot. I think it was smth about Fire / Fire III.

It will just pick the next possible combo if the previous spell id was xxx and your rotation is fckd :D
Quote:Won't work.

I am still thinking it can be done with this option. Will continue tryes )

Most annoying thing for me now - Convert cooldown. 180sec between tryes. hate it.
From Russia with love
I tried 100 different rotations @ninjas - doesn't work unless you use different filters.
Ofcourse there must be other filters.

I am trying to implement the idea of repeating the rotation. In order to come to a common denominator.

PS: nah. 10 hours wasted. Rotation still flies away at random circumstances after and while starter.
From Russia with love
I really dont understand mmominion team. There is no good profile since new skill manager pushed to update... And why they released this buggy skill manager... If they released it why they not fix it... Maybe they think there is no problem?