(10-30-2017, 11:40 PM)dmoment Wrote:  Windows 8x64
windows defender
C:\MINIONAPP
windows defender
no recording software installed
Yes, followed instructions.
Yes, running as admin.
Bot is auto-attaching.
red mage, machinist profiles installed, gathering 1-70, gardening, PvP shatter add-ons installed.  Just removed the gardening.

The problem I'm having is every 10 seconds the game stutters for about a half second. I timed it to be exactly every 10 seconds consistently.  This began within the past few days, maybe 3 no more than 5.  Sorry, I can't be more specific in the time frame.  It happens whether I'm actively using the bot for something or when it's inactive.  It does not happen when I load up the game without the bot.  I have not had the issue before.  Let me know what other information can be useful.

Adding onto this as it's happening right now.  I'm doing ephemeral gathering using the gathering 1-70 pack and when it's flying to a node and touches down on the ground my character will shake back and forth a lot before resuming it's course. 

Edit: added info

I've noticed a few people on the forum have been having this stuttering issue but not a lot, I was one but decided to try and see what could be the cause. I thought OK... FFXIV runs without stuttering when there's no bot but when the bot loads no matter what I do I get a stutter. So after careful thought I decided to open my pc up and have a look inside. Now bear in mind it's a newish pc so I thought all would be fine. I was wrong, my graphics card was loaded with dust around it's fan and in the little grills. So I gave it a nice spring clean and cleaned the rest of the pc inside generally and bingo! The next time I ran FFXIV it ran smoothly, no stutter. The stutter was my poor graphics card fighting dust bunnies, it simply couldn't handle the extra load in it's unclean state. Give it a try it's a quick job and may well solve your issue.

Messages In This Thread
Periodic stuttering - by dmoment - 10-30-2017, 11:40 PM
RE: Periodic stuttering - by dmoment - 10-31-2017, 11:32 PM
RE: Periodic stuttering - by James - 11-01-2017, 04:57 AM
RE: Periodic stuttering - by dmoment - 11-09-2017, 04:28 AM
RE: Periodic stuttering - by HusbandoMax - 11-09-2017, 07:09 AM
RE: Periodic stuttering - by Scorpy - 11-11-2017, 02:07 PM