Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Few questions from new user (LONG)
Hey guys, long-time honorbuddy user. Fairly tech savvy, however I foolishly dove into hardware as an enthusiast and a teen and as I grew older, I realized that is the last place $$ is at. What im saying is I wish I would have used my time/resources for learning the ins and outs of networking or programming, alas hindsight they say.

So after some time with honorbuddy, I am what I would consider a pro, albeit with one of what I assume is the most user friendly bot available. (relative to feature set)

That said, wow sucks/blizzard destroyed the genre, and while ffxiv took quite a bit from wow (in a ploy for the casual marketshare no doubt) it is a bit different, and in the end the fact it is NOT wow is enough for me settle in here for the long run.

After some quick research I learned a few things, first that the honor crew likely wasn't going to have a bot out for ffxiv and if they do it wont be soon. Second is that the only "real" options for an all encompassing bot are Minion and Viper. Minion was more expensive, but I saw a lot of "you get what you pay for" and so I figured I would cash my chips at your table.

Now that Ive nearly lost your attention with my intro - on to my questions!

1) will Minion support full screen at some point (ideally soon?) I run a very high end rig and fact of the matter is, with SLI not working in anything but full screen I either get an abysmal framerate (4680x2560) and get to use minion, or a stellar framerate (90 on maximum @ the aforementioned) but no minion. I'd really like to "not" have to choose here!

2) does minion offer a lifetime key option?

3) does minion have a teleport to target hack or speed hack incorporated? If not does anyone know of any free ones that work side by side and post 2.1?

3) this one is a multi-part/long sort of essay question if you will :P As I mentioned I came from honorbuddy so I am familiar with the non technical in's and outs of botting. Some of the terminology/how they work etc. The problem is, Honorbuddy after all its time in the field and the talent of their programmers has become very streamlined. I'll save you the breakdown under the assumption a good chunk of you have used it. With Minion I have only spent a few hours, but what I was hoping for was something atleast somewhat similar to honorbuddy. Basically GUI configureable combat routines for the classes, downloadable addon bots for things that didn't come "with" minion, and last but not least downloadable profiles for xxx level range or xxx farm. With HB these things were all dropped in a folder, popped up in the gui and off you went. Are their any correlation between the two or should I forget everything I know about honorbuddy and start learning this from scratch? At first glance it seems MUCH more complicated :(

4) Does minion use SVN at all?

5) can anyone provide a resource for some good starter material? I did a once over of the setup tutorial for FFXIV but from what I gather, its actually going to take quite a bit of set up to run optimally? Is this something I should wait till I hit 50 for and then use to farm? It seems to me that if I wanted to use this to level efficiently or effectively I would spend more time setting it up as I moved from area to area. Between recreating my waypoints/route and reconfiguring for new spells and paths it almost seems better spent leveling by hand. Do I have the wrong idea?

I have no problem with learning the ropes, I just want to make sure I have the right idea before I invest the time. At this point I have friends waiting for me to start playing as they are getting further and further ahead of me and im having a slight bit of buyers remorse. They say minion is the top dog (generally) but to me it seems rough around the edges. (no offense, my outlook will likely change after learning it assuming it can be made to do what I need it to with a reasonable amount of effort/setup time)

Sorry for the book, I just wanted to be thorough. I know how much time you guys put into your site/business/bots so don't take anything I said offensively, it wasn't my intent.

Thanks guys!
Kevin

Messages In This Thread
Few questions from new user (LONG) - by automationarmy - 01-04-2014, 09:58 PM