Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Can someone explain how to level crafting with WPE?
I can confirm that the exploit was working as of last night.
Process:
Enter the synth screen
Click Record on WPE
Increase progress a single step in synth
press stop on WPE

Find the right Packet to send which is 96 bytes in size.
This one when sent, will trigger your synthesis ability.
Once you find the right packet -
Set it to Automatic mode, delay initially to 2600
Then click play.

Let the progress continue to 100%
When it finishes, the screen will go back to the craft selection screen.
Just wait a few seconds -then you should see your character go back into craft position
Each single packet sent will then act like it is completing the entire synth process: Awarding XP
(This actually seems to be faster than Fast Synthesis)

Note: When you have got the glitch working - you can stop and then resume as much as you like.
I recommend increasing the delay after you get it working, to 3000 - as on a number of occasions I have found that 2600 was too rapid, and it triggered two animations for a single XP reward.
Note: While you have space and reagents - the process will award the item being crafted.
If you run out of one or more of the reagents, you will still craft and get the xp, BUT not get the item, despite the message saying you have crafted it.

If you record the final step of the synth process, one of the 96 byte packets will be the close signal for the craft window - which will reenable movement.
To acquire that, you will need to record just the final synthesis ability use, to get the necessary packets.

Can anyone confirm if the Leve's are still vulnerable to the packet exploit?
I tried it last night, but couldnt get any repeat xp from craft leves.

Here is my experience with the WPE exploit

My Alchemy is around level 35 now:
When I craft the highest level item available to me, I get around 2100 xp per successful craft.
So: when using WPE
Initially running at 2.6 seconds per packet - just to get the glitch started
That is around 2100 xp per 2.6 seconds (give or take a second for animations etc)
As mentioned above: 2.6 is a little quick, and depending on network, or your own computer issues : you may end up triggering two animations, for a single xp reward.
This is where you start to see diminishing returns.
In order to avoid double animations, setting to 3.0 delay per packet seems to be more reliable, but you need to get the glitch going first before changing.

Assuming 2100 xp per packet, and 3 seconds per packet.
I was leveling a single level last night in roughly 300-340 seconds.
(5-6 minutes)

Just take your Max XP required, divide by XP awarded per craft, then multiply by your packet delay.
Note: Once you get the WPE glitch working, even if it says you 'failed' the synthesis, and it gives the 'broken' animation, you still get XP for it.

Assuming 5-6 minutes holds true for remaining levels : which it probably wont,
then you could assume 20 levels could take 100 minutes (at the minimum)
Probably safer to assume 120 - 150 : since you do need to get the reagents for the next tier of crafting items.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can someone explain how to level crafting with WPE? - by Bhaal - 02-24-2015, 01:29 PM