Poll: Would you like to have a Demo / Trial mode for the addons ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes

89 91.75%
No

8 8.25%
Total 97 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 47 Vote(s) - 3.11 Average
Trial / Demo modes ?
Yes, I believe it would be a good idea to consider adding trials/demos. As long as realistic abuse safeguards are put in place and developer opt-in/out options are present. If players, in general, can abuse a demo/trial system they well. So if one was found as abusable it might end-up leading to lost protentional revenue for the developer. Which could, in turn, lead to them becoming disenchanted with supporting their addon. Ultimately, leaving legit paying customers with a quickly outdated and useless addon because of the cheapskate actions of other non-paying users.

With the above being said. Most of the add-ons are pretty good at explaining themselves in their store descriptions. While a few have left me questioning the value gained vs asking price ratio. When considering add-on purchases solely on their current store descriptions. Whereas if given an hour or a little more to test out an add-on. It would go a long way in convincing me to open my wallet for particular ones that fall into the "would be nice to have" or "do I really need this" categories. Honestly, I'd be happy with just adding a basic rating system to the store where only confirmed purchasers could enter a rating and possibly give a brief limited character feedback. So protentional buyers would have more to go on. Then only what the developer chooses to share or not share. Although, I can understand the argument that taking a moment to go through the add-on's forums is a viable option. But can be tad lengthy process that might turn off potential customers. As well as negative feedback/ratings being able to kill an add-on fast to the point that a developer might choose to discontinue support on the add-on in question and any or all of their others. Well that my ten cents for all its worth. =D

Messages In This Thread