Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Little issues and suggestions
I don't really know where to post these so I'm just gonna list the issues I had when I heavily used this bot for atma farming the past few days and other stuff (might have been fixed in the latest update to meshes yesterday).

1. [FATE] There's a fate at Cape Westwind with the centaurs guys. The bot frequently gets stuck trying to reach a mob that is elevated on a rock. I checked the meshes and there's jump points, but it won't use those.

2. [FATE] The Frog fate in the middle of the map near Horizon, if the bot comes from the north, it will get stuck on a jumpable cliff. Tried placing a jump mesh but it ignores it.

3. [FATE (General)] I notice the bot will often level sync way too early, and aggro a bunch of nearby non-fate mobs in consequence and fight those instead, wasting time. It will also chase mobs that pops outside the fate limits, and then get stuck on a mob it can't attack since it is outside the fate and unable to level sync to hit it. (coeurls fates in Outer La Noscea + sheep fate in Middle La Noscea). Makes it look very obvious that I'm botting.
A very simple fix would be to only level sync right when it reached the middle of the fate. and not chase mobs outside of the circle.

4. [GUI] Very annoying overlay bug that I think happens when (I think) radar is enabled and more often happens in places where a navmesh doesn't exist (inside instances). It will sometimes make the whole screen turn black, or partially with big black letters. I can change my camera around and see those letters move with it. Sometimes happens when I open a specific window like inventory window then the whole screen turns black. I'm trying to replicate it exactly so I can see what triggers it.
The only way for me to fix it is to completely close the bot when doing duties manually.

5. [GATHERING] Bot will hang when it tries to mine a node that requires an offhand tool that isn't equipped. Had it stuck on a node repeatedly trying to target it for a few hours, hopefully I don't get banned as I only got 1 /tell.
Quick fix would be to implement some kind of safe measure to stop the bot if it's unable to perform a certain action for a certain time.

6. [SUGGESTION] A way to mark GM people on the radar like hunt marks are marked, and a way for the bot to completely stop when it detects an invisible GM. I know it's possible to see GMs this way, but I don't know if FFXIVminion has counter measures for this purpose.

7. [SUGGESTION] A diverse queuing feature. For example, a way to tell the bot to do specific tasks so it can run 24/7 doing those; midnight to 8am=gather > 8am to 6PM=atma farm > 6PM-midnight=craft.
And also a more diverse and improved crafting with queuing. I would like to tell the bot to craft a specific amount of items using a specific skillprofile, then move to another and so on.

Messages In This Thread
Little issues and suggestions - by 9874126 - 10-21-2014, 06:01 PM
RE: Little issues and suggestions - by Latty79 - 10-21-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: Little issues and suggestions - by Cichard - 10-21-2014, 07:08 PM
RE: Little issues and suggestions - by Leon - 10-22-2014, 06:22 AM
RE: Little issues and suggestions - by EonsTimE - 10-22-2014, 06:54 AM