Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Little issues and suggestions
I don't really know where to post these so I'm just gonna list the issues I had when I heavily used this bot for atma farming the past few days and other stuff (might have been fixed in the latest update to meshes yesterday).

1. [FATE] There's a fate at Cape Westwind with the centaurs guys. The bot frequently gets stuck trying to reach a mob that is elevated on a rock. I checked the meshes and there's jump points, but it won't use those.

2. [FATE] The Frog fate in the middle of the map near Horizon, if the bot comes from the north, it will get stuck on a jumpable cliff. Tried placing a jump mesh but it ignores it.

3. [FATE (General)] I notice the bot will often level sync way too early, and aggro a bunch of nearby non-fate mobs in consequence and fight those instead, wasting time. It will also chase mobs that pops outside the fate limits, and then get stuck on a mob it can't attack since it is outside the fate and unable to level sync to hit it. (coeurls fates in Outer La Noscea + sheep fate in Middle La Noscea). Makes it look very obvious that I'm botting.
A very simple fix would be to only level sync right when it reached the middle of the fate. and not chase mobs outside of the circle.

4. [GUI] Very annoying overlay bug that I think happens when (I think) radar is enabled and more often happens in places where a navmesh doesn't exist (inside instances). It will sometimes make the whole screen turn black, or partially with big black letters. I can change my camera around and see those letters move with it. Sometimes happens when I open a specific window like inventory window then the whole screen turns black. I'm trying to replicate it exactly so I can see what triggers it.
The only way for me to fix it is to completely close the bot when doing duties manually.

5. [GATHERING] Bot will hang when it tries to mine a node that requires an offhand tool that isn't equipped. Had it stuck on a node repeatedly trying to target it for a few hours, hopefully I don't get banned as I only got 1 /tell.
Quick fix would be to implement some kind of safe measure to stop the bot if it's unable to perform a certain action for a certain time.

6. [SUGGESTION] A way to mark GM people on the radar like hunt marks are marked, and a way for the bot to completely stop when it detects an invisible GM. I know it's possible to see GMs this way, but I don't know if FFXIVminion has counter measures for this purpose.

7. [SUGGESTION] A diverse queuing feature. For example, a way to tell the bot to do specific tasks so it can run 24/7 doing those; midnight to 8am=gather > 8am to 6PM=atma farm > 6PM-midnight=craft.
And also a more diverse and improved crafting with queuing. I would like to tell the bot to craft a specific amount of items using a specific skillprofile, then move to another and so on.
1.) Need pics, post the correct info in my thread located in my signature.
2.) Delete your western thanalan.nxi and let it download the new one. It shouldn't be jumping down into the water from that cliff anymore.
4) just run the bots in assist mode when doing the duty manually works fine.

5) dont do nodes with out proper gear equiped? ( user error not bug)
3. Yeah, I reported this a time ago too.
6. Would appreciate that. Didn't see a GM yet in XIV.
(10-21-2014, 06:01 PM)9874126 Wrote:  4. [GUI] Very annoying overlay bug that I think happens when (I think) radar is enabled and more often happens in places where a navmesh doesn't exist (inside instances). It will sometimes make the whole screen turn black, or partially with big black letters. I can change my camera around and see those letters move with it. Sometimes happens when I open a specific window like inventory window then the whole screen turns black. I'm trying to replicate it exactly so I can see what triggers it.
The only way for me to fix it is to completely close the bot when doing duties manually.
Simple way to reproduce black screen overlay bug:
1) Open [Assist] window
2) Press Ctrl+B (Toggle Bars)
3) Close [Assist] window