Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.85 Average
When to switch to custom?
I'm relatively new and still in the process of leveling my bots. At what point should I start looking into custom skill profiles? I imagine they are mostly geared towards max lvl characters and it would be silly to use them early on?

So far, it seems the default profiles have been working fine for leveling purposes.
For which purpose? Crafting/Gathering/Grinding?

For Grinding Characters the basic or 'inclusive' Skill Profiles for each class were working just fine. If you feel any need to change something about the Profile like.. it does not cast that one special skill in that one special situation yk then go for it and edit it to your benefits.

Custom Profile's can also be useful for Low Level content like Crafting, There are Profiles like Culinarian 1-15 or Whatever.

It took some time for me to see through all this Profile / Manage stuff but if you keep (repeaditly) reading all kind of related threads here you might also get that's its actually quite easy.
(12-17-2014, 12:58 PM)Illua Wrote:  For which purpose? Crafting/Gathering/Grinding?

For Grinding Characters the basic or 'inclusive' Skill Profiles for each class were working just fine. If you feel any need to change something about the Profile like.. it does not cast that one special skill in that one special situation yk then go for it and edit it to your benefits.

Custom Profile's can also be useful for Low Level content like Crafting, There are Profiles like Culinarian 1-15 or Whatever.

It took some time for me to see through all this Profile / Manage stuff but if you keep (repeaditly) reading all kind of related threads here you might also get that's its actually quite easy.

Thanks for the quick response!

I have been adding skills here and there, and seem to have a basic understanding as of right now. So far they seem sufficient so i'll just continue to tweek them as I go.

I was just wondering if there was a specific milestone where the default profiles became useless or something. I'm just an insane planner so i'm always trying to map out a course of action for every little thing (it's a blessing and a curse ;p)
Uhm I can't tell but you can keep checking if there are modified / special profiles as you keep leveling up. As I already said the best thing is just looking through the whole FFXIV Minion Topics and stuff
most of my profiles are made in a way that they can be used from 1-50 they are stickied at the top of this forum jackie's advanced skill profiles. they are ment for afk leveling.
You can easily get the standard one's or jackie's for basic grinding.

Gil Farming may need a good AoE profile on BLM's so you dont targetswitch around alot. A pure Fire 3 > Fire 2 > Flare spam with Converts/Freeze on 5+ Targets else Blizz3/Transpose, Raging ofc, nothing really hard to do yourself.

Gathering profiles are rather easy to do yourself as there are not alot of Skills.

Crafting profiles are just another world ;)