Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
BRD FCoB Max DPS
Dang, I was looking forward to this one. Let's hope that oGCD change gets reversed soon!
you couldnt every use multple oGCD skills at the same time anyways you where always animation locked. if you do GCD skill and oGCD skil then wait for animation to finish so you can do another oGCD skill your global cooldown is ready for a GCD skill. Its better to weave your oGCD skills anyways.
(01-06-2015, 01:57 AM)Cichard Wrote:  you couldnt every use multple oGCD skills at the same time anyways you where always animation locked. if you do GCD skill and oGCD skil then wait for animation to finish so you can do another oGCD skill your global cooldown is ready for a GCD skill. Its better to weave your oGCD skills anyways.

I respect all the work and effort you put around here and everywhere Jackie, but, in this case i think you may have misunderstood...i did not say they could be used at the same time, rather in succession. Current build restricts oGCD usage to only using no more than one in rapid succession:
Code:
if ( skill.offgcd == "1" ) then
                            if (SkillMgr.IsGCDReady() or SkillMgr.lastOFFCD) then
                                castable = false
                            end
Basically is telling me that if i'm trying to use an oGCD, and a GCD is available or the last skill i used as an oGCD, then i cant use the oGCD.

Especially with a proper build on a bard (gcd>2.3...2.28 on a good connection), you can stuff 2 oGCD in (even long animation such as misery's end and bloodletter procs simultaneously on a good connection with no loss of GCD timing.

In 5 min parses, 2 weeks ago i would be in the 520 zone; after the recent update and lots of profile rework, i am in the 440 zone, with my old profile and editing two lines in the LUA i am at 485, still dps loss from the old skill manager. i figure with some more research and digging and a lot more manipulation i can make it back up.
Do you have a copy of the old file to test it again.
If you do and its still higher dps just save it and keep overwriting the new ones after updates.
(01-05-2015, 08:08 PM)AzRed Wrote:  Since I've gotten a bunch of requests for the profile I'm just going to say it here:

Just a heads up out there: the skill manager has been updated recently and does not currently allow for usage of more than one oGCD in succession. This means if you have both flaming arrow and blood for blood available to use, it will only use one, then use another GCD skill, then use the oGCD after...this has nerfed bard profiles significantly As with so many off global skills On bard, It drastically slows you and no longer allows to do 2 buffs between gcds.

I made a quick fix in my skillmgr.lua coding but doing so broke ninja mudras, once a push comes out to fix this, I can update the profile further and release but I do not feel it necessary to put out a profile which performs suboptimally and requires editing your lua to make it work better.

Check Jackie's BRD3.0 and how GCD/oGCD was aligned back when we didnt had the Off-GCD checkbox. Do a Mix between normal oGCD checking and Jackie's old way and figure it out. Will do the Job.

Also I'm hardly sceptical at the "1100 Burst DPS".
How recently was the skill manage update btw? Ive seen my ninja DPS drop significantly in the last couple days on assist mode with same profile. Have been trying to figure out why.
(01-06-2015, 03:48 PM)ApplePorgy Wrote:  How recently was the skill manage update btw? Ive seen my ninja DPS drop significantly in the last couple days on assist mode with same profile. Have been trying to figure out why.

Thats same on all classes for me. Manual and on assist, basically because ffxiv laggs as shit atm.
I rolled back to an 11/14 backup i had, using old profile which does not clip dots based on buffs up, no party, no food, no pots, just turned on assist and clicked the dummy....

Heres a 2min parse snip for ya Saik:
1140 dps open, 520 dps over the 2 mins, on 5 minute parse it will drop to about 495-510, on a 10 minute with nin in party for goad, it will be at 525 due to the party buff.

[Image: Bs6DGoW.jpg]
(01-06-2015, 08:09 AM)AzRed Wrote:  
(01-06-2015, 01:57 AM)Cichard Wrote:  you couldnt every use multple oGCD skills at the same time anyways you where always animation locked. if you do GCD skill and oGCD skil then wait for animation to finish so you can do another oGCD skill your global cooldown is ready for a GCD skill. Its better to weave your oGCD skills anyways.

I respect all the work and effort you put around here and everywhere Jackie, but, in this case i think you may have misunderstood...i did not say they could be used at the same time, rather in succession. Current build restricts oGCD usage to only using no more than one in rapid succession:
Code:
if ( skill.offgcd == "1" ) then
                            if (SkillMgr.IsGCDReady() or SkillMgr.lastOFFCD) then
                                castable = false
                            end
Basically is telling me that if i'm trying to use an oGCD, and a GCD is available or the last skill i used as an oGCD, then i cant use the oGCD.

Especially with a proper build on a bard (gcd>2.3...2.28 on a good connection), you can stuff 2 oGCD in (even long animation such as misery's end and bloodletter procs simultaneously on a good connection with no loss of GCD timing.

In 5 min parses, 2 weeks ago i would be in the 520 zone; after the recent update and lots of profile rework, i am in the 440 zone, with my old profile and editing two lines in the LUA i am at 485, still dps loss from the old skill manager. i figure with some more research and digging and a lot more manipulation i can make it back up.

ah i thot you where saying you could use them at same time. Being that its an OGCD wouldnt it be best to not waste DPS time popping an OGCD skill when GCD is ready? i always thot it was best DPS to use OFF GCD skill when you where off Gcd.
(01-06-2015, 04:02 PM)AzRed Wrote:  I rolled back to an 11/14 backup i had, using old profile which does not clip dots based on buffs up, no party, no food, no pots, just turned on assist and clicked the dummy....

Heres a 2min parse snip for ya Saik:
1140 dps open, 520 dps over the 2 mins, on 5 minute parse it will drop to about 495-510, on a 10 minute with nin in party for goad, it will be at 525 due to the party buff.

[Image: Bs6DGoW.jpg]

Nevermind, we got different Orientations of Burst.

"Burst" is told what you can do in 25-35 Seconds total.