Thread Rating:
  • 27 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
BRD FCoB Max DPS
(01-06-2015, 03:51 PM)saik1992 Wrote:  
(01-06-2015, 03:48 PM)ApplePorgy Wrote:  How recently was the skill manage update btw? Ive seen my ninja DPS drop significantly in the last couple days on assist mode with same profile. Have been trying to figure out why.

Thats same on all classes for me. Manual and on assist, basically because ffxiv laggs as shit atm.

But I'm not eating lag. With WTFast I am 80 ping with no packet loss. Last friday I was consistently parsing 460-480 in every run of t10. Last night I was 390-420ish. Thats significant. I have a backup of minion and will roll back this evening.

(01-06-2015, 04:02 PM)AzRed Wrote:  I rolled back to an 11/14 backup i had, using old profile which does not clip dots

If I copy from a 2 week old backup and paste/overwrite the ffxiv_skillmgr.lua will that successfully roll back? Is there anything else I need to replace?
Would be nice if we could:

1) Choose whether to use 1 or 2 offGCD abilities in between GCD tick. Some prefer 1 for consistency and safety, some (especially BRDs) benefit from squeezing 2 offGCDs. Especially since BRD is very prone to bleeding TP - even if BRD clips abilities (although with ~2.38s GCD, ~0.1s ping and 1s offGCD animation lock you are still 0.18 to 0.08s ahead :D), it lets you pop your buffs better aligned and ends up delays going 0TP by a bit.You don't see ninjas complaining that they have to pop 4 offGCDs (ninjutsu). Someone on this forum linked to video of WAR using GCD and animation cancelling that ability with a GCD to execute it faster, even.

2) Choose whether bot wait for GCD to be fully up or sends command up to 0.5 second before GCD is ready (ability queuing, supported by the game). Would be avesome if we were able to choose how many miliseconds (up to 500) bot queues GCD abilities. I know, I know, for gold farming it makes no difference and would be extra coding work, but for people using assisted play mostly, like me would allow more flexibility. I want GCD ability queuing bad! :3
(01-06-2015, 05:08 PM)Cichard Wrote:  ah i thot you where saying you could use them at same time. Being that its an OGCD wouldnt it be best to not waste DPS time popping an OGCD skill when GCD is ready? i always thot it was best DPS to use OFF GCD skill when you where off Gcd.

Yeah, popping off global skills when a gcd is available will result in DPS loss. However with bard, 2 oGCD sskilld can be used between gcds as long as your skill speed keeps your global cd a certain level depending on connection.

Wondering if maybe a check could be implemented instead that was like if skill.offgcd==1 then if Skillmgr.lastoffgcd then {new variable for two oGCD in a row}

And something to follow up
if skill.offgcd==1 then if {new variable for two oGCD in a row} then cast able=false

I dunno. (Sorry about format, on cell phone)

(01-06-2015, 06:04 PM)ApplePorgy Wrote:  If I copy from a 2 week old backup and paste/overwrite the ffxiv_skillmgr.lua will that successfully roll back? Is there anything else I need to replace?

Sb okay. I just booted the 11/14 copy I had with no update.

If you want to just copy the files, load into game, copy the lua you want to rollback to the current file, and reload Luas in bot.

(01-06-2015, 06:52 PM)EonsTimE Wrote:  Wordsssssssssss
bot is currently already looking to see if gcd <.5 sec tonot allow a oGCD to fire in the last .5 of the cool down

Anything on the global with a long animation (halone, butchers block, etc) can be made to register almost instantly by using oGCD skill while animation locked. Try it. Prep a halone, use it, and immediately use scorn, halone text will pop a good 1/4 second faster than normally.
(01-06-2015, 07:56 PM)AzRed Wrote:  
(01-06-2015, 05:08 PM)Cichard Wrote:  ah i thot you where saying you could use them at same time. Being that its an OGCD wouldnt it be best to not waste DPS time popping an OGCD skill when GCD is ready? i always thot it was best DPS to use OFF GCD skill when you where off Gcd.

Yeah, popping off global skills when a gcd is available will result in DPS loss. However with bard, 2 oGCD sskilld can be used between gcds as long as your skill speed keeps your global cd a certain level depending on connection.

Wondering if maybe a check could be implemented instead that was like if skill.offgcd==1 then if Skillmgr.lastoffgcd then {new variable for two oGCD in a row}

And something to follow up
if skill.offgcd==1 then if {new variable for two oGCD in a row} then cast able=false

I dunno. (Sorry about format, on cell phone)

(01-06-2015, 06:04 PM)ApplePorgy Wrote:  If I copy from a 2 week old backup and paste/overwrite the ffxiv_skillmgr.lua will that successfully roll back? Is there anything else I need to replace?

Sb okay. I just booted the 11/14 copy I had with no update.

If you want to just copy the files, load into game, copy the lua you want to rollback to the current file, and reload Luas in bot.

(01-06-2015, 06:52 PM)EonsTimE Wrote:  Wordsssssssssss
bot is currently already looking to see if gcd <.5 sec tonot allow a oGCD to fire in the last .5 of the cool down

Anything on the global with a long animation (halone, butchers block, etc) can be made to register almost instantly by using oGCD skill while animation locked. Try it. Prep a halone, use it, and immediately use scorn, halone text will pop a good 1/4 second faster than normally.

so can we have a skillemanger file helping me in this case since really i'm looking for one decent
I will post a skmgr profile when the bot and profile are compatible with one another and DPS is comparable to old version. Unfortunately I don't have a profile that is what I'd consider comparable to the old setup and have not been able to come near the same level as before. I can spend some more time in it tonight to see what I can do but since the bot will only try to cast gcd at .5 before cooldown is over, and only one oGCD woven between skill, this makes it impossible to "trick" the bot to using multiple CDs in a row. ... DPS will be limited by this.
i still stand by that assist bot will not be for the top 1% people. it will however do for clearing all the content with out anyone knowing your using an assist tool.
(01-07-2015, 02:45 AM)Cichard Wrote:  i still stand by that assist bot will not be for the top 1% people. it will however do for clearing all the content with out anyone knowing your using an assist tool.

I agree.

When u manual bard I do very slightly better DPS only because I can clipsdots more accurately and use cooldowns more efficiently (not blowing a cd moments before a boss goes untargetable) but honestly after clearing all content manually and switching to assist mode in subsequent weeks, my static groups have never been suspicious.
(01-07-2015, 02:45 AM)Cichard Wrote:  i still stand by that assist bot will not be for the top 1% people. it will however do for clearing all the content with out anyone knowing your using an assist tool.

Cant argue with that at all. I will say though that it was better before the update. Its whatever, I rolled back and I'll just have to keep rolling back now if skill manager stays the same.
if i would like to add a medication to the skill manger for the combo like X-potions xxxxx how i can do that ?
Any update on this profile at all? Would love to get a higher DPS profile going if i can.