Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Fishing Module - Release vendor trash
It appears that the fishing module does not check or collect Fish IDs. Would it be possible to do so? It would be great to check against a white-list of collectible fish and have it cast RELEASE on the rest so that out bags don't get full of vendor trash fish. Perhaps a toggle for this.

Unfortunately currently beyond my Lua / coding skills.

But if you want to point me in the right direction I can give it a go... no promises.
Here's a replacement for ffxiv_task_fish.lua that let's you target a single fish.
Rename it ffxiv_task_fish.lua and put in LuaMods\ffxivminion\ - backup old file - updater will overwrite this if you run it or have it auto-update.
Do a diff on the code to see what I added.

Adds a GUI element for the fish you want - add " (HQ)" on the end (minus the quotes) if you only want to target HQ.
Will release fish not matching that one fish.

Probably buggy, post feedback here and I'll see what I can do.

:)

Update 1/18/2015 - ffxiv_task_fish.v3.txt
- Added TargetFish GUI group in Fish window
- Added Enabled/Disabled Checkbox
- Added ability for multiple fish (comma separated list)
- Cleaned up code - still logs keep/releases to console

Update 1/18/2015 - ffxiv_task_fish.v4.txt
- Removed Checkbox GUI
- Renamed Targeted Fish -> Item Priority - to match other gathering GUI elements
- Removed TargetFish GUI group - Item Priority back under Settings group
- Added level check for Release action
- Saves settings between sessions
- Fixed spacing issues in CSV list - can have spaces in beginning or end of fish now without issue.
- Fixed typecase - can have upper/lower case now without issue
- Added "Item Priority" to fishing markers and integrated their use - CSV list of wanted fish
---- BEWARE, this will modify all your navigation .info files where you fish - BE WARNED - NOT TESTED FULLY
---- Is this really needed with the ability to put multiple fish in the main window? I wonder, may be removed... I don't like messing with all the .info files...

Update 1/18/2015 - ffxiv_task_fish.v5.txt
- bug fix

Update 1/19/2015 - ffxiv_task_fish.v6.txt
- bug fix
- clean up

Open items:
- Utilize languages.lua to make languages better
- Ability to catch maps/type
- Fix edge cases
--- Stopping fishing does not evaluate catch
--- Others...

Attached Files
.txt   ffxiv_task_fish.v6.txt (Size: 17.26 KB / Downloads: 443)
This code works great, however I was wondering if it's possible to add a simple feature where you can input multiple targets (specially for places where you benefit from getting 2 fishes)

ie: Silver Sovereign, Mahi Mahi

This would also work wonders for fish you require mooching

And also the perhaps the possibility to add a checkbox to enable or disable the function
I could build that in - but I'd rather you try to code it in and help with that - up for it?
(01-17-2015, 11:32 PM)drewlt Wrote:  I could build that in - but I'd rather you try to code it in and help with that - up for it?

Complaint Trust me I wish I could, sadly I don't have the programming skills for this
Wuss...
I'll get it in a day or 2 - been wanting that myself too!
(01-16-2015, 08:29 PM)drewlt Wrote:  Here's a replacement for ffxiv_task_fish.lua that let's you target a single fish.
Rename .lua and put in LuaModss\ffxivminion\ - backup old file - updater will overwrite this if you run it or have it auto-update.
Do a diff on the code to see what I added.
I did a last-minute code change before posting here, could have broken it - let me know or I'll get to it and repost.

Adds a GUI element for the fish you want - add " (HQ)" on the end (minus the quotes) if you only want to target HQ.
Will release fish not matching that one fish.

Could be buggy - just built this yesterday night.

It works.
But I think it can be better if "target fish" will be in marker manager instead main fishing settings, because when You want fish with task manager in multiple locations, You cant select more fishes.
BTW when You dont type any target fish, it releases all caught fishes. :))
Updated ffxiv_task_fish.v3.txt
in original post
(01-18-2015, 04:14 PM)drewlt Wrote:  Updated ffxiv_task_fish.v3.txt
in original post

I've done some testing and these are my observations for the syntax you have to use in order for this to work:

Name of fish
So far, in the few tries I've done, you have to properly write the name of the fish:
  • Moraby Flounder NOT moraby flounder OR Moraby flounder

Multiple fish
To enable catching multiple fish:
  • Moraby Flounder,Lominsan Anchovy NOT Moraby Flounder, Lominsan Anchovy
**Separate fish names by a comma and do NOT add a space after the comma

HQ Fish name
For HQ syntax on fish:
  • Moraby Flounder (HQ) NOT Moraby Flounder(HQ) OR Moraby Flounder HQ OR Moraby Flounder hq

Example
Here is the example I used to test it out and it worked perfectly!
[Image: 10z48ep.png]

With the bait I was using you could only catch Lominsan Anchovy, Vongola Clam and Moraby Flounder, in the fish I selected to allow the bot to catch the only one missing is the NQ Lominsan Anchovy. As you can see in the image, it's the only thing the bot automatically Released!

Code:
Vongola Clam (HQ),Lominsan Anchovy (HQ),Moraby Flounder (HQ),Moraby Flounder,Vongola Clam

IMPORTANT NOTE
I found that if you want to update the list of fish you want the bot to catch, you will have to do the following:
  1. Stop the bot
  2. ReLoad Lua Modules (Ctrl+L)
  3. Enter in Target field the fish you wish to catch (With proper syntax)
  4. Enable Target Fish
  5. Run bot

Also I would like to point out that in order to know how to properly spell the names of the fish, go with a CAPITAL letter at the start of each word in the fish's name. Do not go by what you see in your FFXIV ARR chat box, as at times it's not properly spelled, for example:

In chat box, it will display Lominsan anchovy ... when it should be Lominsan Anchovy

Note that I have not tested ALL the fish out there, but my guess is that each word starts with a CAPITAL letter.

Amazing job on the script!