Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Fishing Module - Release vendor trash
Nice write up - thanks!
Big update v4 - feedback appreciated.
:)
Loving the v3 so far. Gonna test out the v4 later! Thanks for the nice work! ThumbsUp

Edit: V4 doesn't seems to work. Entered a fish in Item priority but doesn't release any. Keying Item priority in markers gives the error of "attempt to index local 'caughtFish; (a nil value)". Error disappears when left empty.
I'll check it out tomorrow - if you have any more details for troubleshooting v4 I'll take them. Were markers turned on, was anything in the Item Priority (fish window, not marker window) when using markers, etc, etc..
I have tested a few variations.

- I enabled markers and added stuff in the Item Priority in the Fish window and left Item Priority in the markers empty. Fishing as per normal but did not release any fishes that was not in the Item Priority.

- Markers enabled. Left it empty on the Fish window, added stuff in the markers. Came out with error "attempt to index local 'caughtFish; (a nil value)" in the console and stopped fishing.

- Markers enabled. Entered stuff in the Item Priority fishing window as well as in the marker(Same Items). Came out with error "attempt to index local 'caughtFish; (a nil value)" in the console and stopped fishing.
What's the line # of the error in the console?

edit: nm, found a bug - fixed in new v5

btw, when markers are enabled it will (should) ignore any Item Priority in the Fish window (Fish window Item Priority just for non-marker'd running) - so a Marker with a 'blank' Item Priority will allow any fish - just as if you were in non-marker'd mode and had Item Priority (fish window) blank. Blank = allow all.

Just like the Mooch setting in the Fish window

Ok I will test the v5 soon and post the results Snicker

Edit: Okay i have tested it using few variations again.

- Entered Item Priority in the Fish Window with marker running. No errors. But it does not release any of the fishes even when the fish is not in the Item Priority.

- Entered Item Priority in the marker and left the Fish window empty. Came out with error saying "failed with [string "C:\....\ffxiv_task_fish.lua"]"111: bad argument #3 to 'gsub'[string/function.table expected]
Good lord - bugs bugs everywhere - I see it - how about I actually test my stuff before putting it out there?
Working on it now...

Marker Item Priorities will always override the Fish window Item Priorities - isn't this how mooch works as well?
I could have it the other way around - where Fish window Item Priority overrides the Marker Item Priority, but I don't think that's intuitive.

v6 uploaded - feedback appreciated.

Ok it is working now! Tested a few variations again and this is what I noticed.

- Entered Item Priority in Fish Window without markers activated. Working as per normal with or without lowercase.

- Entered Item Priority in Fish Window with markers(Item Priority empty). Working as per normal with or without lowercase.

- Left Item Priority empty in Fish Window with markers(Entered Item Priority). Working as per normal with or without lowercase.

- Entered Item Priority in Fish Window with markers(Entered Item Priority) all with different fish names. Working as per normal with or without lowercase BUT it only reads the Item Priority in the marker.
Perfect, thanks for testing!