Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
Anyone Else Having Combat Range Issues?
(02-13-2015, 10:33 AM)edup Wrote:  I was testing perma Swiftcast and it doesn't work properly, it seems the game has some kind of protection, basically you see the animation happening but it doesn't register the damage or healing like when you use swiftcast normally

Lolll!! and here I thought I would be come the best healer in FFXIV = /
Actually I'm having a problem a bit like this myself? I'm not sure if it's the same, but it's definitely related to FATEs and initiating combat.

Basically I've been light/seals farming for relic and Lucis and sometimes, the bot will go to a fate, but won't attack. Like at all.

It will occasionally attack during those fates (not sure what's triggering it to attack those occasional times),, and will definitely attack anything that starts attacking the character, though.

So basically the only way it can do certain FATEs is to sync, somehow grab aggro while just sitting at the edge, and kill the mob attacking you.

On other fates though, the bot works perfectly fine.

I've tried playing around with the combat range percent thing and reloaded each time, but it was still doing its stand-still-and-only-attack-when-attacked thing on certain fates. It's weird though because the mobs can be literally right next to it and still have the bot do nothing, and i'm thinking it can't just be a combat range issue?

Also yes, as mentioned in another thread there's also aoe-avoidance issue where it dodges rarely but takes most aoe. It's weird too because apparently yes it can sit there and take the damage if you're high enough, but most of the time there will be other adds adding to the damage that just make it ideal to just dodge everything whether it can be taken or not. Just a thought o: