Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Crashing upon start
I've installed the program files into a non windows folder.

I load ffxiv, then load the program and click "attach bot"
The game crashes

Sometimes I'm prompted to enter in my keycode and password then the game crashes.

I have disabled firewall, I'm on windows 8.1, and I've gotten it to work on my laptop. Not sure what the issue is on my desktop. Any thoughts?

I also follow the installer directions
What screen mode are you in? Make sure you're in Windowed mode in game.
is team speak, mumble running?
I'm in windowed, I have no overlays running, and I was using mumble at the time. But I have used mumble before and never had an issue.
.... just because it worked before doesnt mean it does now...... Teamspeak and Mumble will crash the bot. this is in the setup guide. Completely exit out of Mumble, even out of hte system tray.
Tried with nothing else open. Still having the issue.
I have the same issue now as well Bigtex, right as soon as I get to the SE logo it exits.

Well I got mine working again, I just exited EVERYTHING overlay wise to make sure, bye bye Steam Origin and wala she works all good again.
Mine also crashes when the bot loads. It was working fine yesterday.
My computer is windows 8.1. Norton 360
After a bot update this morning, it began crashing. I can see the dialogs and everything, but when I start moving the character the game just closes.

I also tried a clean install, behaved the same way.
Did everything except uninstalling the antivirus. I'll do that in the evening and post if it helps.
So I tried a few different locations on my hard drive for the install. The one that finally worked was directly in the C drive and no sub folders. I wasn't using a windows folder before but I had put it in the Program Files folder. The mods are all about read the instructions, and while I understand that the vast majority of people don't read the instructions. For those of us that did follow every step, they also aren't specific on where to install the bot. It says verbatim on the install guide "Open and Extract ( for example with Winrar) the content of the Updater.rar into an empty folder on your computer." So one would think that any folder other than the windows folder would work.

TL:DR - Try clean installs into multiple locations, the one that worked for me was directly in the C drive in a folder I named FFXIV BOT