Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Crashing upon start
(02-19-2015, 02:20 AM)bigtex Wrote:  So I tried a few different locations on my hard drive for the install. The one that finally worked was directly in the C drive and no sub folders. I wasn't using a windows folder before but I had put it in the Program Files folder. The mods are all about read the instructions, and while I understand that the vast majority of people don't read the instructions. For those of us that did follow every step, they also aren't specific on where to install the bot. It says verbatim on the install guide "Open and Extract ( for example with Winrar) the content of the Updater.rar into an empty folder on your computer." So one would think that any folder other than the windows folder would work.

TL:DR - Try clean installs into multiple locations, the one that worked for me was directly in the C drive in a folder I named FFXIV BOT

I suggest you reread the install guide because it says that exactly. Programfiles is a window related folder and it says to put it in

[Image: 6tJGGPN.png]

this is a screen shot right from the tutorial you cant start at Number 3 in the tutorial. read step 1 then step 2 THEN read step 3.....
So I uninstalled norton 360 and use only windows defender antivirus, it still crashes right when I attach the bot. But I noticed that the devs put the old launcher in and it works for me so I'm fine with it for now. Thanks.