Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Crashing when loading 2nd character
Whenever I start my 2nd character with minon my already running first character crashes. They have different keys configured am I missing something silly?
you probably are attaching the bot before you are fully logged in to the game which makes it choose the a default profile. and ends up using the same key twice.
(02-25-2015, 10:39 PM)Cichard Wrote:  you probably are attaching the bot before you are fully logged in to the game which makes it choose the a default profile. and ends up using the same key twice.

I was using the launcher for the 2nd account but not the first. I just wipped everything out again and redownloaded and it seems to be working at the moment. I'll test relaunching later tonight.

Thanks!
yeah just set the launcher to launch both accounts this way you can be sure you have 2 different keys
I'm having the same problem, in the same way. I use the auto launcher for my second character, but not for my main (security token). The crashes alternate. If i use the auto launcher for my 2nd char first and then log in with my main character while attaching the bot after fully logging in, my 2nd char crashes. If i log in with my main and attach bot, then auto-log with my 2nd char, my main crashes.

Also i should mention that it takes about 30 seconds ~ minute for a crash to happen.

This was not a problem not long ago. I took a break from using the 2nc char for about a week, so I'm not sure what fix/update caused this to start happening.

Scratch the previous post, I think i fixed the problem. I noticed there were 1 too many .cfg files, so i just deleted them all. Running so far for 30 minutes with no crashes.
yup some how one time you logged into the bot before fully logged in to the game which then makes a default cfg basially which then got assigned to both characters. thats why we suggest removing yoru security token not really needed anyways and just using the gui_Launcher for every account.
Tried logging my 2nd char in today, and i'm encountering the same problem again. It worked fine the day i fixed it. Guess it depends on what order i log in. Is there anyway to permanently fix this? i know the response is to to take the security token off my main char, but i don't want to. Even if they might be pointless, they provide a sense of security that i like. Also, it would make the attach button pointless if this wasn't fixed.

It also was not a problem until recently. I would be able to attach the bot in any order, at anytime i launched the ffxiv, and it was fine.

From what i've observed, whether i set my 2nd char's key to my 1st or second account key, ym main char logs in with that same key no matter what. Even though the information is not the same, when I attach the bot to my main char, MMOMINION sees it as me logging in as my 2nd char. Showing that the bot is "Enabled" and running under my 2nd char's account info line when its attached to my main char.
If you launch a character with the launcher, it will use the key saved inside the launcher. So lets make sure this character (your 2nd according to above) is only using this key. Delete all .cfg files, then log in to the second character once with the launcher, so that it creates a cnf file for that key. Once fully in the game and you see minion, exit the game and close the launcher.

Ok, now log into your main completely. Once fully in, launch your launcher, then attach. Make sure you dont use the key already in the launcher, and check mark auto login. This will save the key in a .cfg file for your main for attach purposes only. Once minion is up and running, exit the game just to make sure it saves.

After this, you should be all set. You normally dont need to save, but the game crashing or being booted by minion might prevent the saving of the cfg file correctly. You should be able to login in any order now. Just make sure when you attach, you are fully logged in, and not at the character select screen.
(03-01-2015, 11:06 AM)rsilva712 Wrote:  If you launch a character with the launcher, it will use the key saved inside the launcher. So lets make sure this character (your 2nd according to above) is only using this key. Delete all .cfg files, then log in to the second character once with the launcher, so that it creates a cnf file for that key. Once fully in the game and you see minion, exit the game and close the launcher.

Ok, now log into your main completely. Once fully in, launch your launcher, then attach. Make sure you dont use the key already in the launcher, and check mark auto login. This will save the key in a .cfg file for your main for attach purposes only. Once minion is up and running, exit the game just to make sure it saves.

After this, you should be all set. You normally dont need to save, but the game crashing or being booted by minion might prevent the saving of the cfg file correctly. You should be able to login in any order now. Just make sure when you attach, you are fully logged in, and not at the character select screen.

Unfortunately this did not work. When i get to the step where i log my main char in, it uses the same key code as my 2nd char. As a result, when i attach minion to my main char, it shows that the bot for my 2nd char is Enabled & Running under the Accounts tab of the launcher.
The attach prompt shouldnt have a key filled out if you deleted the cfg files beforehand, but even if it did, you can erase that key and enter the key for your main before you check auto login and attach.

Also, if you attach a bot manually, it's status wont update to show running on the gui launcher, so maybe that it confusing you? Gui launcher will only update the status on accounts that it launches, not on ones manually attached. That was one of the reasons I told you to exit the game and launcher completely between steps, so you dont get confused by this.