Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Crashing when loading 2nd character
(03-01-2015, 07:23 PM)rsilva712 Wrote:  The attach prompt shouldnt have a key filled out if you deleted the cfg files beforehand, but even if it did, you can erase that key and enter the key for your main before you check auto login and attach.

Also, if you attach a bot manually, it's status wont update to show running on the gui launcher, so maybe that it confusing you? Gui launcher will only update the status on accounts that it launches, not on ones manually attached. That was one of the reasons I told you to exit the game and launcher completely between steps, so you dont get confused by this.

I thought that it was weird that the launcher didn't ask for a key code when i manually attached my main char when i deleted the .cfg files. I'm guessing maybe a .cfg got saved somewhere else? i'll have to check.

Also, i'm not confused by the gui launcher's display. I'm fully aware that it doesn't make sense that it's showing updates when i'm not using my 2nd char. The problem is idk why its doing that. The accounts aren't similar, except for the server name. Yet minion detects my main char as my 2nd char.

Even after a fresh reinstallation of minion, attaching the bot does not ask for a key code or password and just attached to my client right away. I'm guessing this means there is a rogue file left somewhere with this information stored?
1. Delete your Minion folder
2. Go to user CP and redownload the bot
3. go to SE site and remove your security token
4. Set up both accounts in the gui_launcher
5. ......
6. Profit.

you are needlessly making it harder on your self then it needs to be. There is absolutly no need for a security token other then the warm and fuzzy feeling it gives you. Just like 3rd party AV software its pointless.
I would install minion on a new folder as stated by cichard yeah. Definitely sounds like you are saving a key somewhere. Cichard's suggestion is sound, but if you insist on keeping the token, make a new minion instal and do what I listed and you should be set. Either option works.
My wife and I have been using Minion since it was release for FFXIV. I'd really like to not hide the fact there is a change in functionality here with a recent patch. If that means we have to do something different, that's fine, but "don't use a Keycode" shouldn't need to be the solution, when it's worked just fine previously. This very much feels like an end-user bug.

Previous: I've got one account setup via the launcher, and another one which I load, and attach at points where I need it. I'm used to it asking for my password, and confirming my keycode, which is fine.

Now: When loading one character via the launcher, I'll then try to attach minion to the account I have loaded without the launcher. At this time, the .cfg file is modified by minion, and the keycode changes. No UI is presented to confirm the keycode / password, and as such the attach happens on the wrong keycode, and the other gets booted offline.

If you are curious about the use-case of why "just removing your keycode" isn't an option? Traveling for business is mine. Needing to reset my SQE account each time I log-in from a new IP is fine. However, if you do it too many times in a day, they do lock your account.

edit: For reference sake, I've attempted all of the suggestions here. I also agree with this statement made above:
Quote:Even after a fresh reinstallation of minion, attaching the bot does not ask for a key code or password and just attached to my client right away. I'm guessing this means there is a rogue file left somewhere with this information stored?
at this point you may need to use team viewer with a dev. I dont have a token to attempt to recreate your issue, and my attach works fine with or without the launcher starting the game.
okay I can now attest to it that this doesnt work.

New folder, everything new and still when I press attach it takes any of the previously added keycodes in the launcher and starts it then.

That the other character gets automatically logged out is NOT wanted.

Especially with 1time key. So yeah minion is kinda broken.

OLD launcher works perfectly though so yeah just will use it.
if you insist on using the one time password token.

1. Delete your folder
2 do a fresh install in to a brand new folder (dont copy paste)
3. dont install on to desktop
4. Open first game
5. once fully logged in to the game hit attach, attach to the game and signin wiith keycode pass(dont use auto log in.)
6. step 5 will create a new CFG file now that the bot is attached and the new cfg file is made set up the gui_launcher with a Different keycode
7. Hit start on the gui_launcher.
8. a new cfg file will be created for the gui_launcher bot.
9. now you should be fine using attach button and gui_launcher.
rsilva712 Wrote:at this point you may need to use team viewer with a dev. I dont have a token to attempt to recreate your issue, and my attach works fine with or without the launcher starting the game.

Note that you are missing the use-case being reported by three people on this thread. One account that doesn't have a one-time password, one account that does. Logging then in with any order, ensuring that you've waited until the player logs, etc., makes no difference.

I will give your steps a try later this evening, Cichard.

My only worry, is that the "auto log-in" will again be re-applied without me selecting it. I've never clicked that check-box, but three days ago or so, minion automatically started connecting without asking for keycode / password. I saw in the cfg file there was a flag set for 'autologin' .... Is this a toggle for the ui prompt to confirm the information? I attempted setting it to false, or removing it, but it made no difference. I also saw that after deleting all .cfg files, when the file was created, that toggle was set to 'true.'
its a tick box where you enter your cd key and pass

if you want i can use teamviewer and check this all out.

because i often have to use attach bot when power leveling peoples accounts that have the 1 time password and i have never had this issue. I'm currently running 16 bots via gui_launcher(farming) 3 bots via attach(leveling) and ive had no issues at all with it wanting to auto log in.
There might be an issue with using attach bot after you have used the launcher to launch. looking in to it