Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
help with 2nd account
just log in first with one of your normal accounts. Then once you have done that. Then attempt to log in to the account, there should also be a "trial" account button i think on that page or the page before.
on the mogstation?
a trial account is no different then a normal account you just sign in to the launcher using the new account details. so if you first time installed the game on your computer you need to Sign in with the trial account info, that you should of already set up before attemping to run the launcher. this is a very simple task no different then setting up normal account.
Pretty sure you need the trial launcher in order to create trial accounts. The normal/retail launcher will just let you register a new account, which will require a reg code.

Trial launcher needs to not have anything ffxiv related in documents/my games in order to offer a new trial option
im not talking about trial launcher. if you create the trial account you can just use the normal launcher to log in to it.
Right, but trial accounts are created within the launcher AFAIK. Once you verify your email, you can then log into mogstation with it. At least thats how it worked a month ago when i made my last trial account. It could have changed since, and he was asking for help creating the trial, since it asked for a code, which the trial would not do.
going to try via the trial launcher from se, was trying to use the steam one and seems some ppl have had problems with it also :)

hmm when i try to install FT it just tries to uninstall FF :/
yea, it will treat them as the same program. What I would do is move your ffxiv folders from documents/my games and from program files/squareenix to another folder, like your desktop, run the trial installer, make your trial, then move the folders back to their original locations. That way you dont have to redownload all the patch updates for the game.

Or if you have access to another pc, install the trial installer there.
thanks rsilva did get it working by doing that ! :D