Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This app can't run on your PC
Bot still can't seem to locate FFXIVMinion_GUI_Launcher. :( At this point I've run out of ideas as to what is wrong. QQ

Just noticed the FFXIVMinion_GUI_Launcher is only 0kb. From pictures of other installations this shouldn't be it should it?
I don't have an AV anymore atm. I'll re download it and see if it changes.

Its still 0kb. For some reason it wont download. I don't have any AV's installed.
Windows 8 comes with Defender built-in and it's very aggressive. You might try disabling the Windows Defender service and/or setting it to exclude scanning of the folder where you downloaded minion to.
Still won't download the FFXIVMinion_GUI_Launcher... I've honestly tried everything and now I think its an updater problem. Everything else updates just fine, it seems to just be the FFXIVMinion_GUI_Launcher that won't download.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wy4ff1y5fxmfz...r.exe?dl=0
I downloaded the launcher provided by Cichard and it works smoothly. (Thank you for all your help!) I honestly would still like to know why I couldn't download it through the updater though. (For Future Reference)
Yes. Everything runs smoothly now that I've got the .exe from Cichard. When the updater created the files and the launcher at the start, my launcher didn't seem to download (0kb) but surprisingly, the updater continued to update.
did you restart your computer after uninstalling your antivirus?
Yes I did.