Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average
Need technical help with a personal project
This has nothing to do with Minion - but I figure that the people here are quite technical and could give me some advice.

I am currently building a Free Company website for my own company.
Parsing data from lodestone is easy enough
However, I would like to get access to the Free Company chest information on Lodestone.
The problem around this is that it only displays while logged in.

That 'shouldnt' be a problem, since I have my own login details to use.

I am using C# (Aspx .net)
I have studied the HttpWebRequest and Response that occur during the authentication process
and I can get maybe half way through the login/auth process via HttpWebRequests

(Its really strange the things they do to keep their site secure
After you authenticate, they redirect you to a page, which has javascript in the head, that auto submits a form, in order to further redirect you)

Anyhow
After 2-3 redirects, I finally just start getting 403 forbidden or 404 not found errors.
I have tried storing cookies along the way etc

I was wondering if anyone else has had any luck getting a headless browser to login to lodestone?

I am trying to get my site to have a graph that shows income into the chest:
Eg A Line graph etc - at the moment its a manual exercise to update the database.
moving to the correct forum section
FYI
I managed to get it working - I was bored at work, and couldnt be arsed doing real work, so i played around with it.

Now able to programmatically get FC Chest contents.
I don't think any of the public API's currently provide this feature. I might try to get it tidied up and make a public release.

All in all
It took:
A Get
A Post with redirect turned off
A GET using the Location header from the post response
A Post to the action URL of the hidden form on that response with redirects allowed
A Post then to the form that is replied in that response, to select character to login with
Then a GET at the desired page : in my case - the FC Chest.
(03-20-2015, 03:52 PM)Bhaal Wrote:  FYI
I managed to get it working - I was bored at work, and couldnt be arsed doing real work, so i played around with it.

Now able to programmatically get FC Chest contents.
I don't think any of the public API's currently provide this feature. I might try to get it tidied up and make a public release.

All in all
It took:
A Get
A Post with redirect turned off
A GET using the Location header from the post response
A Post to the action URL of the hidden form on that response with redirects allowed
A Post then to the form that is replied in that response, to select character to login with
Then a GET at the desired page : in my case - the FC Chest.

Could you post this here or on github/something similar?
I will try to tidy the code up then post on GitHub
It's litterally a single method that just gets you authenticated - after that- you just need to pass the cookie container to the http request when requesting a post auth page