Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.44 Average
Launcher won't relaunch automatically on a crit error
I'm using the FFXIVMinion_GUI_Launcher.exe with some accounts set up to automatically restart the gameclient. For some crashes related to network, it will auto relaunch the game client fine. Except for crit errors like the following:

[Image: 4767ab734e.png]

This always seem to happen as the bot teleports to an area, but the game doesn't load anything and all I see is a black screen (can still hear sound and see people moving around me near the aetheryte in the radar).

Is there a way to force the bot launcher to close the crit window and relaunch the game without any user intervention?
(03-22-2015, 11:44 PM)9874126 Wrote:  I'm using the FFXIVMinion_GUI_Launcher.exe with some accounts set up to automatically restart the gameclient. For some crashes related to network, it will auto relaunch the game client fine. Except for crit errors like the following:

[Image: 4767ab734e.png]

This always seem to happen as the bot teleports to an area, but the game doesn't load anything and all I see is a black screen (can still hear sound and see people moving around me near the aetheryte in the radar).

Is there a way to force the bot launcher to close the crit window and relaunch the game without any user intervention?

Hello Guys,

Tho the launcher update last time made many things working better, this happens to me from time to time too still (didnt report yet, sorry). After clicking "OK" in the error message, the bot recognises the game as crashed and tries to restart the game. If the "OK" is not pressed, the launcher would not recognise the game as crashed - tho not relaunching the game instance.

If you could fix this all is working again flawlessly :)

Sorry again for the delay regarding error ticket.

PS: Wrong Forum- needs to be in Support Forum i think
friendly bump ^^ :)
should be fixed, the killing of the crash window that is
(03-24-2015, 05:59 PM)Powder Wrote:  should be fixed, the killing of the crash window that is

Hey,

Just got this error again. Ill try a fresh minion install and report back

BR
As I mentioned the fix wont help anything with crashing, it it meant to try and close the any debug dialogues that pop up.
I still get the windows pop up error even after the update.
Syther can you confirm if you are still experiencing the same issue as I?
(03-25-2015, 05:33 AM)Powder Wrote:  As I mentioned the fix wont help anything with crashing, it it meant to try and close the any debug dialogues that pop up.

(03-26-2015, 08:05 AM)9874126 Wrote:  I still get the windows pop up error even after the update.

read what he said... he didnt fix hte crash, he fixed it not closing the crash window and relaunching.
(03-26-2015, 01:16 PM)Cichard Wrote:  
(03-25-2015, 05:33 AM)Powder Wrote:  As I mentioned the fix wont help anything with crashing, it it meant to try and close the any debug dialogues that pop up.

(03-26-2015, 08:05 AM)9874126 Wrote:  I still get the windows pop up error even after the update.

read what he said... he didnt fix hte crash, he fixed it not closing the crash window and relaunching.

Hi,

So i tried this now since my last post on a fresh minion installation.

I just got this error popup again and let it be- 1 hour later, the pop up was still there (doing remote connection from work). I just clicked "OK" and now, after 2 mins the game window restarted.

This happened about 5-6 times since my last post.

Unfortunatley, the dialog box does not contain much informatoin :(

I am also willing to let you tv into my pc, i am home in about 2 hours and will ttyl on irc when im back.
Frozen time should take care of that. What do you have your frozen time set too? Frozen time, once hit should restart the game. its defaulted to 180s (3 mins).

Does the game still run in the background till you hit ok? or what is the game doing while this messagebox is up?