Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.44 Average
Launcher won't relaunch automatically on a crit error
(03-27-2015, 05:19 AM)Powder Wrote:  Frozen time should take care of that. What do you have your frozen time set too? Frozen time, once hit should restart the game. its defaulted to 180s (3 mins).

Does the game still run in the background till you hit ok? or what is the game doing while this messagebox is up?

Hi Powder,

Thanks for coming back to us !

2 things actually happen:

1.)
The game window remains open, but only contains a black screen. I can hear sound and see players on the minion radar (if im near players) but i can not interact with the bot. I normally kill this game window by pressing Stop and then Start in the launcher so it kills the game and relaunches it

or:

2.) The game window closes, but the popup remains. no relaunching the game.

Frozen Time is default : 180
Just posting to add that I'm also getting the same exact symptoms as Syther, except that both the game window remains open with the window error popup, and I have to manually click "Ok" on the window popup to get it recognized as a "crash".
I would just specify that the black screens only happen right after a teleport, as if the screen won't load the area.
I looked at my character from another account and I can see it just being stuck near the aetheryte, not moving (only the 3d radar hp bar appears, no character model loaded from a second account perspective)
Here is a screenshot, maybe it helps. This happened while i sleep, launcher did not recognise it.
removed due next post

Long story short, here is the other thing that happens: i let the box open to check if launcher recognise it -> unfortunately not. Still 8 Bot windows open + the extra dialog box

removed due next post
Unfortunately i fear this an actual ffxiv issue and not related to the bot or launcher. If the game is still running in the background this tells me its something to do wit the video card/driver and there can be no way of the launcher to know if the bot has frozen or not.

After doing some reasearch it seems this is a common issue with people using AMD cards as per this link here:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threa...rn.%281%29

Some people have posted a workaround you may try here

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2...crash_fix/
Hey,

Very interresting .. im gonna test that out.

Nice find Powder ! Handshake

Thx for your time !
What if I have an nvidia card? From what I read it seems mostly a problem with ATI cards. I'm still trying the workaround to see if that works.

But it kind of defeats the purpose of the bot launcher if it can't relaunch the game as intended? Isn't there a way to force restart the client if no navmesh has been loaded for a while? Since this only happens right after a teleport for me. Or maybe the bot can somehow detect that my character hasn't moved in a while?
this is what frozen time is suppose to do, but it seems that the bot still sends a signal to the launcher in this state.
(03-28-2015, 09:22 AM)9874126 Wrote:  What if I have an nvidia card? From what I read it seems mostly a problem with ATI cards. I'm still trying the workaround to see if that works.

But it kind of defeats the purpose of the bot launcher if it can't relaunch the game as intended? Isn't there a way to force restart the client if no navmesh has been loaded for a while? Since this only happens right after a teleport for me. Or maybe the bot can somehow detect that my character hasn't moved in a while?

yeah this isnt a full blown crash its driver faillure of your display drivers. the game is still up and running as far as the bot is concerned you are still playing and still up and running, because you havent actually crashed the client.

you cant make the bot reset if no navmesh has been loaded some people only use it in assist and have navmesh disabled. also people use taskmanager to go to zone and wait for fates, it can take several hours for those fates to spawn, so if you havent done anything in awhile isnt a safe way of making the bot reset.