Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 2.61 Average
anything new coming?
Eventually, but it's the least important thing on my todo list at the moment. That being said, another beneficial point of minion is that it is an open API, so you could also add it yourself. :)
Is that a new GUI launcher FXFire linked?!
(04-28-2015, 07:14 AM)fxfire Wrote:  it's the new one to rule them all, easing us of the pain of having to drag around several different projects, yes. From the internal testing feedback so far, "it is a lot better than the old one", but you'll have to decide that ;)

We are sorting out some more things later today, but within this week, I want to get the testing started for it by giving it to you guys :)

This is the first bot that I have used for FFXIV. I have to say though that with my past experiences with other bots in other games, it is the first time I have seen an active developer and administrators.

It is actually comforting.

Great job guys, keep up the good work.

- Duran
First bot I've ever used and I enjoy what it does and the feedback we get on it's production. I use the bot to do stuff that's very grindy that i don't enjoy on my main like leveling chocobo or fate leveling. (I did it legit long time ago and it's just boring to do so)

Since it's my main I don't do anything that could get me banned and i monitor it but I've never had any issues no one has once thought i was botting when i was using it. Do hope Golden saucer stuff comes as AHK those things is a tad more obvious.

(Am bummed i think i missed out on a third party mod that did the sightseeing stuff? That ever coming back?)
sight seeing stuff?
Never seen a sightseeing log addon. Sounds like the aetheryte attuning module that was released a while back.

Sightseeing log would be easy enough with teleporting, but yea, open world teleporting etc...
Minion overall is better coded, runs better, requires less resources on your computer and has higher DPS. That being said, I do use Reborn and Minion, part of the reason that Reborn has a stronger add-ons in general is because of the language behind it, it's incredibly easy to write C# and you have the full .NET stack to leverage, with Minion it's a chore and requires a hack-around with .exe for something as simple as an HTTP call.
so lua is hard? i was under the understanding that lua was simple. and that making addons for minion was pretty straight forward. My self i havent had time to dive in to it. but from others ive talked to lua is a very simple language to learn.
C# is easier and has a better IDE for me, I imagine Lua is easier for most people though. Personally, I hate anything that doesn't have curly braces and semicolons. The real issue is the extremely limited feature set of Lua, anything outside of basic functionality isn't really supported. No threading, networking, accessing process memory or nice to haves such as Linq are available in Lua. If we could import dll's into Lua, it would be a non issue since I could write all the fun in another language.
but you have to admit there is a ton of stuff in the minion API , tons of functions that can be called. take exaple the controller addon and the remotecontroller addon, thats some cool stuff there. Plus alot of other really nifty addons like spiritbinding, and taskmanager. There is nothing like those over at reborn.