Thread Rating:
  • 28 Vote(s) - 2.61 Average
anything new coming?
Yes, it is exactly as Underwhelp described. The endgame gathering mode in Heavensward and the most mind numbing grind ever created. Which is why I would love to be able to bot them lol.

http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Favors
I recently bought Reborn buddy to handle new gathering in HW. I felt like taking a shower after.

That being said RB has some very cool profiles for gathering. ..

Ephemeral nodes
regular nodes are in segmented into 3 groups of 2 nodes. to spawn an ephemeral node it takes the player opening up the mining interface (clicking on the node, but you dont need to actually mine anything) on 2 different groups. Ephemeral nodes can be collected as collectable and used for aetherial reduction. Minion currently doesnt support aetherial reduction.

Currently how a RB buddy profile can farm these ephemeral nodes is by walking up to two gather nodes instantly opening up the gathering interface and flying to the ephemeral node. the bot upon certain condition then aetherial reductions the collectables (desynth for gathering). They also have options to gather furymint normally. Minion at the moment does not have the option to driveby 2 regular nodes to spawn an ephemeral node to gather. RB does this super fast, faster then a person can manually do.

In addition to having the ability to highly efficiently farm ephemeral nodes some RB profiles allow you to use ephemeral farming as `wait` feature. Lets say you want to gather blue and red scripts at the same time. I can literally scroll through a file and flip a couple 0's to 1's beside the item names I want to gather. in regards to a specific profile I could 'tick' adamantite ore, chysal greens (both for red) and cuprite for blue scripts and 'tick' ephemeral farming on for the time between those selected unspoiled nodes. ephemeral farming will essentially go to whatever time window is up and farm that using the above method until its time to unspoiled. or you could do the same thing with regular nodes. all this is done within the same profile and its done by flipping 0's to 1's and vice versa. As far as skill profiles go, they are built into the profile itself. This can be insanely useful.

Lets take the minion gathering profile for adamantite / chysal. to use it you need to download the profile, download the skill manager profile, potentially download the nav mesh. This profile lets me get 12 total collectables an hour (3x2 + 3x2).

RB profile we only need to download the profile and a plugin folder (that multiple things seem to use). RB profile lets me enable a selection of red script / blue script options. Obviously adamantite / chysal are the best 2 options so you enable that, but you can also enable any blue script, I find Cuprite ore a nice easy option so I also change the 0 to a 1 beside that in the list of options. Now I just enable ephemeral farming and tick farm furymint in its sub options. What I now have is a bot farming redscipts items, blue script items, and going to 6 different locations to farm ephemeral nodes based on time of day. it 'drive bys' these regular nodes to spawn ephemeral nodes and uses a collectable rotation based on wich type of ephemeral node spawns (you dont want to waste GP on a non lv 60 aetherial reduction item) It is also capable of farming furymint (non collectable) off these ephemeral nodes. when it leaves one ephemeral node area it breaks down the items you gathered with aetherial reduction. This is done without any additional skill profiles or navmeshes.

Theres also profiles to handle favor items. If you have the favor item (items you turn red scripts in for and the sole purpose of farming red scripts) the bot will go to the location and do the favor gathering.

Now dont get me wrong. RB is essentially a pile of shit but its gathering profiles can net far more gil then MMO minion gathering is capable of at the moment. Also let me state that I know I could probably modify the lua for gathering to accomplish something similar. Its not that im lazy or unwilling to learn how but a lifetime RB sub cost me like 30 dollars with conversion and the profile was free. For that price you would have to be insane to replicate what they did unless you could monetize it (not to mention you couldnt do it without functional flying).

As I read what I wrote I feel like im advertising for RB, I do dislike RB. So i'm going to go ahead and bash it for a bit.

Cons
- no relogger
- flight pathes are far worse then aces and will be laughable when compared to a polished cube release
- error log / console way less user friendly
- harder to create profiles of every type
- no ingame gui
- shit questing (although they have dailies RIP)
- no duty
- not scalable for an RMT operation

That list could probably go on for a bit. but the biggest issue is the last one. I bought a single copy of RB to use in conjunction for dominating my home servers gathering / crafting economy. I have a couple crafters / gathers on that server that I use outside of my RMT accounts.

I love this product and try to encourage everyone I know who bots to use it. Most use RB for casual crafting and mainly that gathering style I mentioned above. I'm not sure what your target demographic is, or what portion of botters make up the majority if your profit. I do know personally about 12 people who use RB though and those gathering features are what really seal the deal for them (that and their crafting, but our crafting is just as good / better if the craft orders are functioning).
(04-28-2015, 11:07 AM)Duranage Wrote:  I have to say though that with my past experiences with other bots in other games, it is the first time I have seen an active developer and administrators.

It is actually comforting.

Great job guys, keep up the good work.

- Duran

This is exactly why I'll always stick with mmominion. Having problems with something? Get a straight answer from the top within minutes.
I am working on the whole gathering side of things to make i easier for players to select gatherables atm.
Im working on the 1-60 leveling 1st for newer players but will compile a selectable script gathering ..

favors i havnt looked at yet so ill need to try it out when im done.
It is a lot of work and have no real eta right now but it is mostly done and just needs some final changes and testing.

[Image: eeba728052.jpg][Image: 3cb7236bd7.jpg][Image: 787c4e0dbe.jpg]
I feel like if you gonna just do A Realm Reborn, then definitely MMOMINION is number one. However, anything Heavenwards now seam like MMOMINION fall shorts on.

1.) Still no Flight yet. The Heavenwards Questing Profile I bought required Teleport Hacks, it would get stuck ways too often.

2.) Mining and Botanist to 50 - 60 is a pain. It does not do Script, Favors, or how the gathering in Heavenwards is random and required flight path. It would just gather the node then stop all together.

3.) Unspoiled gathering required a lot of tweak and haven't find a profile that yet to work. It also hard to setup and do.

I think once MMOMINION can do flight, have some mining, botanist profile that can gather to level up, do favors, red + blue script. Then it's probably be the best bot out there. But then, I been waiting for flight since it was first showing cube mesh 4 - 6 Months ago.
(12-05-2015, 01:38 AM)Chilled Popoto Wrote:  I recently bought Reborn buddy to handle new gathering in HW. I felt like taking a shower after.

That being said RB has some very cool profiles for gathering. ..

I've done exactly the same thing recently Popoto... :( I can hardly wait for flight to be "fixed" and the work sebbs has been up to being released. Right now though for gathering I need to use this crummy alternative.