Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.11 Average
Bard Unable to come out of Wanderer's Minuet
When I use Wanderer's Minuet When Missing Buffs Wanderers Minuet (865)>>> Combo to > Empyreal Arrow> Combo to Wanderer's Minuet (un)cast (have buff:865). It Just cuts and plays it again in 1 press. Ive tried over and over to get this skill cut. Anyone had success? As soon as I fix it I'll post high dps bard profile.
currently, at level 58, i've not found a dps gain by switching in and out of minuet, keeping WM full time up is so far the way to go....especially after the addition of iron jaws at 56.
(06-21-2015, 06:06 PM)AzRed Wrote:  currently, at level 58, i've not found a dps gain by switching in and out of minuet, keeping WM full time up is so far the way to go....especially after the addition of iron jaws at 56.

I disagree with this statement. The cost of DPS while avoiding mechanics is WAAAAY too much to be made up with WP. Basically every other BRD agrees.

In an ideal situation where you do not move at all, WM pulls ahead by about 50-70 DPS. If you move though, it's a dps loss across the board.
(06-22-2015, 09:55 PM)altnob Wrote:  
(06-21-2015, 06:06 PM)AzRed Wrote:  currently, at level 58, i've not found a dps gain by switching in and out of minuet, keeping WM full time up is so far the way to go....especially after the addition of iron jaws at 56.

I disagree with this statement. The cost of DPS while avoiding mechanics is WAAAAY too much to be made up with WP. Basically every other BRD agrees.

In an ideal situation where you do not move at all, WM pulls ahead by about 50-70 DPS. If you move though, it's a dps loss across the board.

Take a BLM for example, it is possible, and it is worth it to try to keep it up 100%.
Surely there are mechanics in some fights, but you can just turn it off then.
You are basically a BLM with the option to switch to instant casts. Fuck people on forums and reddit lol.

They just all mad because of "muh mobility".
Well my Empyreal Arrow does 1500 no crit. thats why u just use it with barrage for a quick 5k dmg, and reset ur DoTs, sidewinder, and pop out. i think an extra 5-8k dmg will justify 3 seconds of casting. popping out of it is instant.. now the problem is timing this shit with ur buffs + barrage is like impossible especially tyring to mash over assist mode. now if i can get the bot to pop out of WM, and automate all this we're talking about a decent DPS gain. I think +50-100 depending on length of total fight and more factors. someone know how to use Current Action Not?Not sure if thats the answer or not. Ive spent two days trying to get bot to come out of WM.
StraightShot>Bloodletter>Dot>Dot>BloodBath>Hawk's Eye>Barrage>Raging Strikes>Internal Release>WM>Empyreal Arrow>Sidewinder>Bloodletter>Straight Shot>Iron jaws(reset dot)>WM(Out)>HEavy>Heavy>Heavy>
tell me thats not mega boss..... i have the profle done its just messing up on WM out.
i wate 3 sec casting WM and save 2.4 sec casting a 100dmg skill (windbite)
time wasted: 0.6sec / dmg extra:5-10k+ (5k emp) (2k+ sidewinder)
also heres a pare in ravana with 2 bards one using WM most the time the other is me not using it AT ALL:
me: 497
Bard2: 167

i swear im not lieing

Side Note: I have been working on sweet bard profile for Lv60 Bard, with the New WM skills on filter. All i need is help coming out of wanderer's Minuet, and ill release so we dont have to ignore our new skills anymore.
Those too parsing numbers are surely not because of WM. I can assure you that.
That bard didn't know how to play probably.

Myself as a MCH (we nearly have the same spell) who was in that fight and I know how much doding is req. for it did nearly the same DPS as you with Gauss Barrel/WM 100% on.

It is true that you should not keep it on 100% of the time, I will revert my statement from earlier, and it is also true that it lowers your DPS if you do so, but it is certainly not true that you will lose over 300DPS because of it lol.

Edit: What is it that you wanna do? Your explanation is really vague and hard to understand.
You want to go into WM when *certain* buffs are up, and your WM Skills are ready? And when you blew them you want to pop out of it again?
(06-23-2015, 05:13 AM)Bindles Wrote:  Well my Empyreal Arrow does 1500 no crit. thats why u just use it with barrage for a quick 5k dmg, and reset ur DoTs, sidewinder, and pop out. i think an extra 5-8k dmg will justify 3 seconds of casting. popping out of it is instant.. now the problem is timing this shit with ur buffs + barrage is like impossible especially tyring to mash over assist mode. now if i can get the bot to pop out of WM, and automate all this we're talking about a decent DPS gain. I think +50-100 depending on length of total fight and more factors. someone know how to use Current Action Not?Not sure if thats the answer or not. Ive spent two days trying to get bot to come out of WM.

also heres a pare in ravana with 2 bards one using WM most the time the other is me not using it AT ALL:
me: 497
Bard2: 167

i swear im not lieing

Side Note: I have been working on sweet bard profile for Lv60 Bard, with the New WM skills on filter. All i need is help coming out of wanderer's Minuet, and ill release so we dont have to ignore our new skills anymore.

You know, aside from the parsing numbers not being because of WM, you're right. It does seem like the new rotation is meant solely for popping into WM when Barrage/Hawk's Eye are up, popping a Empyrean Arrow and 'maybe' resetting your dots. That is the ONLY use I see for it. I am working on a modified version of red's profile but the servers went down.
if you need help we can work together. I have a profile made it just not working properly on coming out of WM. Its cutting it and casting it at same time instead of cutting it .I made a new thread to discuss New rotation. since this is off topic. This thread is for talking about The new profile which will come out of WM properly.
Why not just do a skillcheck? If Barrage is up -> WM -> use your WM Skills -> if WM Skills are on CD pop out of WM
(06-23-2015, 05:17 AM)CuteDragon Wrote:  Those too parsing numbers are surely not because of WM. I can assure you that.
That bard didn't know how to play probably.

Myself as a MCH (we nearly have the same spell) who was in that fight and I know how much doding is req. for it did nearly the same DPS as you with Gauss Barrel/WM 100% on.

It is true that you should not keep it on 100% of the time, I will revert my statement from earlier, and it is also true that it lowers your DPS if you do so, but it is certainly not true that you will lose over 300DPS because of it lol.

Edit: What is it that you wanna do? Your explanation is really vague and hard to understand.
You want to go into WM when *certain* buffs are up, and your WM Skills are ready? And when you blew them you want to pop out of it again?

No I already did all that stuff. I want to CUT WM, and its not working. trust me ive tried everything.it goes into wm fine, does what it needs to do, but when i make the second WM (to remove it) it cuts and casts at same time. *Let's keep further discussion in this topic, to solving this problem. If you wanna discuss what rotations better theres another thread in this section.

(06-23-2015, 05:39 AM)CuteDragon Wrote:  Why not just do a skillcheck? If Barrage is up -> WM -> use your WM Skills -> if WM Skills are on CD pop out of WM

because im unable to remove WM, thats what ive been saying. everything else is working fine.