Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.71 Average
Keeps crashing
(07-14-2015, 02:50 PM)Cichard Wrote:  always the best bet is to remove one time password as well, honestly its a gimick and isnt needed. Having the game launch and attach the bot is always the best bet. make sure you do not have the guild app or what ever its caulled for ffxiv running either.

not a gimmick when you also play ffxi since you lose 180 storage space if you do not have a one time password
Also not a gimmick when you get to register free teleports alleviating some of the cost when jumping around. Also the added security. It don't cost a thing unless you don't have a cell phone with the app. Even then you can still get bluestacks to use. Attach has a purpose, I find it odd you keep dissing it. But I'm aware you do alot of work on the bot in turn, for that I'm appreciative for, just look at what the purpose of the security token is meant for.
Another example, I have 2 accounts, and I have a friend slightly interested in the game, I can give him my password and give him the one time over the phone and keep full control of my account without worry, cause you need that one time even if you know the password and you can't change the settings without the one time or a call to SE. And that call means they'd have to know alot more details to steal my account. Security token is great for sharing the game to get others interested, then when they're hooked, we bring them here saying "this bot works best while you're afk" ^^ a win win. Token is a good thing, Accept it in your building of the bots.
As good as it may be, it can't be circumvented for auto log in. That's the whole point of it. So it's either security token or auto relogger. That won't change.
Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
(07-18-2015, 04:44 PM)Starwind Wrote:  Also not a gimmick when you get to register free teleports alleviating some of the cost when jumping around. Also the added security. It don't cost a thing unless you don't have a cell phone with the app. Even then you can still get bluestacks to use. Attach has a purpose, I find it odd you keep dissing it. But I'm aware you do alot of work on the bot in turn, for that I'm appreciative for, just look at what the purpose of the security token is meant for.
Another example, I have 2 accounts, and I have a friend slightly interested in the game, I can give him my password and give him the one time over the phone and keep full control of my account without worry, cause you need that one time even if you know the password and you can't change the settings without the one time or a call to SE. And that call means they'd have to know alot more details to steal my account. Security token is great for sharing the game to get others interested, then when they're hooked, we bring them here saying "this bot works best while you're afk" ^^ a win win. Token is a good thing, Accept it in your building of the bots.

ive bee playing online games since the early 90s and playing online RPGs/MMOs since UO in 1997. Never not once have i ever had an account hacked, this is with botting and rmt since then, ive had jsut as example 20 SWG accounts, 100 diablo II accounts, 75 D3 accounts, 20 SWTOR accounts 100s of FFXIV accounts this is just a short list, ive easly had in my time a couple 1000 accounts and thats a modest estimate. Not once has one been hacked. But i also do not go around giving out account details to people. the "safety" portion is minimal obviously, as long as you are not an idiot with where and how you use your passwords and other account details. they are a gimick nothing more, totaly optional and not needed in any way. you may want one, but its not needed. So if you want to be able to relog after crashes and disconects i suggest removing the unneeded token and setting up minionapp to launch the game client.
I've played almost every MMO since Everquest 1 which I started in '01 and hubby started in '99. We've been hacked in three different games, all prior to security tokens. (EQ1, EQ2, and WoW). Haven't been hacked once since games went to the tokens and I started using them. The only other person who has ever had my account info is my hubby. So I'll take the bugs and kinks that go with manually attaching. :)
(07-19-2015, 12:38 AM)PixiKel Wrote:  I've played almost every MMO since Everquest 1 which I started in '01 and hubby started in '99. We've been hacked in three different games, all prior to security tokens. (EQ1, EQ2, and WoW). Haven't been hacked once since games went to the tokens and I started using them. The only other person who has ever had my account info is my hubby. So I'll take the bugs and kinks that go with manually attaching. :)

and i am willing to bet during those times you signed up for fan sites, guild sites with same email as the games email.

most the times hackers will actually hack fan sites cause of less strict website security, then put the combinations of login/passwords with the game of teh fan site and bam get access to accounts. If you get hacked unless the game company discloses a breach in their security you where hacked because of your own negligence.
I have the same Crash problem after loading the last smal patsh. Reinstalled everything and nothing helped. And im doing nothing i m just loged in start the bot and the game gets closed.
(07-19-2015, 02:00 PM)Zede85 Wrote:  I have the same Crash problem after loading the last smal patsh. Reinstalled everything and nothing helped. And im doing nothing i m just loged in start the bot and the game gets closed.

open a thread, answer the questions in the sticky