Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
TaskManager ( Zodiac Books)
Having a Zeta gives you some undisclosed head start on the new Relic, coming in 3.1. thats why im doing the quest
Yoshi has stated that a new relic quest will be introduced in 3.1, people who have Zeta will get some kind of leg up during that quest
"Q: Will Zodiac weapons continue to undergo development in the future? Like in Heavensward?
Y: Since players who have been going through the whole Zodiac weapon saga so far have put a lot of work into it, it won't be like we suddenly forget all about them. For Heavensward, since the character level cap will be raised at the start, the adventurer himself will grow, so players will be aiming to acquire new items through the new content. Whether it's the Zodiac Weapon Saga or its sequel, players will be able to continue growing a weapon in patch 3.1.
Q: So Zodiac Weapon owners will get some attention at that time.
Y: Yes, of course."
yes continuing to grow a weapon yes. but it doesnt mean you continue to grow this current weapon. But he doesnt give a definitive answer on it says this or this can happen, as in they dont have a clue yet. But earlier they had stated that the old relic weapon will not be needed to optain the new one, because this would srsly handicap new players.
if we look at SE history. we can clearly see they dont care about new players much. they force new players to go through god knows how many hours or days of story questing from 1-50 just to see the new expansion.
i have many friends refuse to join the game after knowing they have to do days of story quests just to reach my level and play with me.
i honestly believe SE will give ppl who has weapon advantages and say fuck u to new players or even force new players to do the older relic quests to get the new one just like they did with story.
(08-09-2015, 10:54 PM)Cichard Wrote:  
(08-09-2015, 04:51 PM)thyword99 Wrote:  
(08-09-2015, 12:55 PM)Cichard Wrote:  what on earth would be the point in that then? if i already have teh zeta why would i need a weapon that looks like teh zeta? thats totaly fucking ass backwards and makes 0 sense.

Actually you can only buy the skin for relic and zenith. You can't purchase the skin for atma, nexus, novus, zodiac or zeta until you have completed the quest (I would assume this is for the people that enjoyed the overkill glow weapons lol). After you complete the quest, it will allow you to buy from the Calamity Salvager(only the weapon you completed). But I agree there is no reason to need the bot for the books, since it's now 3 monsters instead of 10 lol.

but whats the point of buying the weapon from the vendor( look alike weapon) if you already have it??? i dont understand the logic of that. Look i have the real thing let me buy a look alike????

They buy it because they liked the skin better before it's next one. Example, the novus skins glow, the next level of them don't. Some people like the glow weapons better, so they buy that skin to glamour it.

(08-10-2015, 02:41 AM)rebornbuddy1 Wrote:  if we look at SE history. we can clearly see they dont care about new players much. they force new players to go through god knows how many hours or days of story questing from 1-50 just to see the new expansion.
i have many friends refuse to join the game after knowing they have to do days of story quests just to reach my level and play with me.
i honestly believe SE will give ppl who has weapon advantages and say fuck u to new players or even force new players to do the older relic quests to get the new one just like they did with story.

Jackie is also right, the new relic won't have a lot to do with the old one... it will be very minimal at best.
so you cant glamour your relic then? thats what im getting at. if i already have the weapon why buy the one from the vendor if its just for looks cant you just use the relic to glamour what ever new weapon you want it to be on.
(08-10-2015, 06:05 PM)Cichard Wrote:  so you cant glamour your relic then? thats what im getting at. if i already have the weapon why buy the one from the vendor if its just for looks cant you just use the relic to glamour what ever new weapon you want it to be on.

Yes you can. Before HW when you update your relic weapon you can not reach the previous version. Now you can buy previous version of relic weapons at that vendor. (Some people wants previous version glamour) Thats the reason.
oh i see
Additionally, with the arrival of the new Relics inbound it was said that having your Relic Weapon to Zeta gives you a huge edge on upgrading to 3.0 Relic Weapon so the benefit of still getting your relic still is relevant surprisingly.
I've managed to get this addon working.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ezyg44rw8308c...A6Jla?dl=0
(08-23-2015, 11:09 PM)zevious Wrote:  I've managed to get this addon working. This is the file that would need to replace the original file for the addon which i think has been moved to the "Outdated" forum.

TaskManager.lua

Also in the .info files for each book located in the in "Tasks" subfolder, the values for the ["markerType"] key need to be changed from "grindMarker" to "grindTemplate".

Nice, I'll go ahead and do that and see if I get decent results out of it. Be as it may they aren't too bad to do now...I'm still lazy :P