Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
TaskManager ( Zodiac Books)
(09-09-2015, 01:51 PM)zevious Wrote:  
(09-09-2015, 04:04 AM)bhlbot Wrote:  Thanks for the share! So to make this work I have to setup markers for each one called out int he .info files? Currently it just seems to be running around and fighting random mobs and fates. It goes to the right zone for the task, but then it's random and not progressing.

Should I be using something besides grind mode?

If you're using all the files I posted, then that should not be happening. My guess is you're using some previous files for books that you had, probably the couple files where you mentioned before that they were the only ones you could find. Those will not work.

Use only the files I posted, or refer to my previous post in this thread on how to modify the original book files.
The TaskManager mod creates the Markers automatically, you don't have to change/create anything, you simply select the book your on and enable.

P.S. The reason it's running around attacking random targets is because the old/original book files refer to an outdated minion app function/method. Make sure you use all the files I posted, not just the book files, as the addon creator's original TaskManager.lua file is out of date too, containing problems with things like trying to teleport while mounted, inherited with the HW expansion.

Thanks for the response, I'm confused because I deleted my old folder and replaced with the files I got from you so your files are the ones I'm using, but it's not creating the markers. I checked your .info files to make sure it was grindTemplate and it is, so kind of lost what to do.

Update: I did a fresh download of minion and your folder so everything was clean and does the same thing just runs and grinds doesn't create markers.
Its the update, the changes mightve affected how the module is working

Thanks zevious for the work.
(09-10-2015, 03:34 AM)iDownload Wrote:  Its the update, the changes mightve affected how the module is working

Thanks zevious for the work.

Okay ill check it out.

*Edit*
Yeah okay it was broken for sure. Seems like mmominion changed/updates variable names or something, i'm not really an addon developer here, so I don't keep myself informed on changes to it's API and trying to find references to out-dated handles proves to be problematic.

But either way, I think I've got it working. I have re-uploaded the "TaskManager.lua" file, you can either download the whole lot again or just that single file if you already did.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ezyg44rw8308c...A6Jla?dl=0
We got a problem with AutoEquip and Zodiac farm (Grind Mode), i got a solution before a fix or a solution.

Find in the file \MINIONAPP\Bots\FFXIVMinion\LuaMods\ffxivminion\ffxiv_task_grind.lua

local ke_autoEquip = ml_element:create( "AutoEquip", c_autoequip, e_autoequip, 45 )
self:add( ke_autoEquip, self.process_elements)

and comment this two line like that

--local ke_autoEquip = ml_element:create( "AutoEquip", c_autoequip, e_autoequip, 45 )
--self:add( ke_autoEquip, self.process_elements)
(09-10-2015, 04:04 PM)Astoria83 Wrote:  We got a problem with AutoEquip and Zodiac farm (Grind Mode), i got a solution before a fix or a solution.

Find in the file \MINIONAPP\Bots\FFXIVMinion\LuaMods\ffxivminion\ffxiv_task_grind.lua

local ke_autoEquip = ml_element:create( "AutoEquip", c_autoequip, e_autoequip, 45 )

--local ke_autoEquip = ml_element:create( "AutoEquip", c_autoequip, e_autoequip, 45 )

I've always had auto-equip turned off under advanced settings in mmominion's UI, so never gotten any error or problem with that. Unless there is a really important reason why you need to use it, probably more convenient to do that, rather than changing core content that may get overwritten when the file is updated. Just opinion though, whatever works for you.
(09-10-2015, 06:12 PM)zevious Wrote:  
(09-10-2015, 04:04 PM)Astoria83 Wrote:  We got a problem with AutoEquip and Zodiac farm (Grind Mode), i got a solution before a fix or a solution.

I've always had auto-equip turned off under advanced settings in mmominion's UI, so never gotten any error or problem with that. Unless there is a really important reason why you need to use it, probably more convenient to do that, rather than changing core content that may get overwritten when the file is updated. Just opinion though, whatever works for you.

Its tricky cause the way the bot is, it enables auto equip whenever you re-enable/switch profiles in the bot and with the Task manager whenever the bot switches area, it enables/re-enable the bot thus enabling auto equip as well

The problem lies when you got a higher iLVL weapon in inventory or armoury chest and when the auto equip kicks in - it automatically switches weapon without permission therefore wasting time because your not getting points for the books.

@Astoria I'll try it when I get time, thanks
yeah with questing autoequip is enabled forced. you must remove the problematic weapon.
Kill count is not increasing
Fate Whitelist isnt working aswell it seems. It's just grinding all fates.
Same problem here as well, I think update affected it again...
the problem you are experiencing is that it does not recognizes the success vs failure in fate correct?