Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.23 Average
LVL 30 - 60 Machinist Profile *Updated 11/6/15 3rd Version Release*
I hit level 60 and have iLvl 206 at the moment, and I noticed the rotation was getting much less than what's possible. I was hitting roughly 945 over 1-2 minutes with the bot going, which is pretty low, should be able to do 1200-1350+ with my iLvl.

Do you think you could in any way implement the rotation in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFA1zzbwSwc

It's from the best MCH in the world at the moment. Other than that lovely script!
wow plz some one make tha profile plzzZZZZ
(10-25-2015, 11:33 PM)asiangirl Wrote:  I hit level 60 and have iLvl 206 at the moment, and I noticed the rotation was getting much less than what's possible. I was hitting roughly 945 over 1-2 minutes with the bot going, which is pretty low, should be able to do 1200-1350+ with my iLvl.

Do you think you could in any way implement the rotation in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFA1zzbwSwc

It's from the best MCH in the world at the moment. Other than that lovely script!

There's a few things that you have to take into account.

Party Bonus (4 or 8 player bonus?)
Medicine Bonus (I'm assuming the best +dex possible)
Food Bonus (No idea what food is used, but I'm assuming the highest +determination)

These 3 things can add up to a difference. Not the difference you're seeing but they do make a difference.

I use a different parser than the one shown and would need to use the same parser to be accurate in comparisons. I use the ACT parser with the FFXIV plugin.

I can tell you at ilvl 174 I averaged 738 dps and my rook turret 107 dps over 5 min with no party bonus, no medicine bonus, and no food bonus. When I get ilvl200 I'd expect it to be over 1000 pretty consistently which is pretty darn good as far as I'm concerned. The majority of players I come across with item level 200 do not consistently manage 1000+ dps against solo targets.

The bot cannot mimic a user you admit is regarded as the best MCH in the world and it will not be able to match this level of dps. That is not to say the rotation is perfect and cannot be improved upon in the future.
Hello again YCQ,

Thanks for the detailed response, what do you think about setting the opener to use Hawk Eye > B4B > Raging Strikes as pre-cast before opener, as this has become the golden standard for all progressive BRDs and MCHs. With the wildfire rotation starting after split shot. The big factor is that reassemble should be cast prior to Clean Shot, followed up with Ricochet > Gauss Round > Head Graze. Other than that opening sequence everything else is just recycling cooldowns and stance dancing, but the above opener in theory is vastly superior.

After messing with creating profiles myself, I can completely understand how frustrating / difficult it is to get the skill manager to do exactly what you want, but if you could in any way implement that opening sequence above, as maybe default or as a filter if the CDs are up, that would make your profile perfection as the rest I can handle myself / the profile handles for you.
(10-27-2015, 03:22 PM)asiangirl Wrote:  Hello again YCQ,

Thanks for the detailed response, what do you think about setting the opener to use Hawk Eye > B4B > Raging Strikes as pre-cast before opener, as this has become the golden standard for all progressive BRDs and MCHs. With the wildfire rotation starting after split shot. The big factor is that reassemble should be cast prior to Clean Shot, followed up with Ricochet > Gauss Round > Head Graze. Other than that opening sequence everything else is just recycling cooldowns and stance dancing, but the above opener in theory is vastly superior.

After messing with creating profiles myself, I can completely understand how frustrating / difficult it is to get the skill manager to do exactly what you want, but if you could in any way implement that opening sequence above, as maybe default or as a filter if the CDs are up, that would make your profile perfection as the rest I can handle myself / the profile handles for you.

I can do everything you mention in this post including making sure that reassemble casts before a buffed clean shot followed by ricochet, gauss round, head graze. The buffs would have to be set on filter 4 (which is empty atm) and they would be set to cast outside of combat only when you target an enemy.
(10-27-2015, 03:26 PM)YellowcarQueen Wrote:  

I can do everything you mention in this post including making sure that reassemble casts before a buffed clean shot followed by ricochet, gauss round, head graze. The buffs would have to be set on filter 4 (which is empty atm) and they would be set to cast outside of combat only when you target an enemy.

That actually sounds superb. Because in concept after extensive testing, both manually and with the profile, the biggest difference in DPS between what your profile currently does, and the top DPSing MCHs is just that opening sequence. So once that opening sequence is implemented your profile should be parsing close to what's seen in the video all pots / buffs aside.

So all in all it should be doing something along the lines of:

Hawk Eye > B4B > Hyper Charge > Raging Strikes > Hot Shot > Lead Shot > Split Shot > Reload > Wild Fire > Slug Shot > Reassemble > Cleaner Shot > Rapid Fire > Ricochet > Split Shot > Gauss Round > Slug Shot > Head Graze > Recycled Rotations while using gauss shot / head graze OGCD when off CD.

The above would be the theoretically correct and near peak DPS for the opening sequence that I use when raiding without the profile and usually hit 1600ish in A3S before split.

I'll do some extensive testing when I get off work, whenever you make the update!
(10-27-2015, 03:34 PM)asiangirl Wrote:  
(10-27-2015, 03:26 PM)YellowcarQueen Wrote:  

That actually sounds superb. Because in concept after extensive testing, both manually and with the profile, the biggest difference in DPS between what your profile currently does, and the top DPSing MCHs is just that opening sequence. So once that opening sequence is implemented your profile should be parsing close to what's seen in the video all pots / buffs aside.

So all in all it should be doing something along the lines of:

Hawk Eye > B4B > Hyper Charge > Raging Strikes > Hot Shot > Lead Shot > Split Shot > Reload > Wild Fire > Slug Shot > Reassemble > Cleaner Shot > Rapid Fire > Ricochet > Split Shot > Gauss Round > Slug Shot > Head Graze > Recycled Rotations while using gauss shot / head graze OGCD when off CD.

The above would be the theoretically correct and near peak DPS for the opening sequence that I use when raiding without the profile and usually hit 1600ish in A3S before split.

I'll do some extensive testing when I get off work, whenever you make the update!

Gonna have to backtrack on a few things. It's not practical to implement the opening buff sequence for the bot as the 3 buffs in question (Hawk's Eye->Blood for Blood->Raging Strikes) can easily be popped prior to the start of a fight. In addition I'm assuming you're setting up your turret before hand to. I played with it for awhile and frankly it was far easier for me to just take care of these 4 tasks manually rather than turning on and off a filter and you also have to make sure the bot isn't set to start combat or it will begin attacking right away.

Reassemble will now cast when you have the Cleaner Shot buff.

I added a condition to Gauss Round, Ricochet, Head Graze, and Blank to only fire if Wildfire is not ready. This will prevent those 4 abilities firing at the beginning of combat before the wildfire debuff has been applied to your target. This was the only real way I could think of to have them execute properly during the opener and continue to execute over several minutes.

I removed the "Secs since last count" on everything except Hot Shot and Split Shot and it does seem that the dps improved simply because skills seem to be executing faster with less pausing. Cleaned up some conditionals on several skills which should help with more consistent execution as well. Maybe it's my imagination, but the bot always seems to perform much smoother if skills have fewer conditionals to check.
Awesome, I will do some testing when I get off from work! I know how frustrating it can be playing with the settings since the bot won't just take a sequence of skills and then execute it!
(10-28-2015, 02:08 PM)asiangirl Wrote:  Awesome, I will do some testing when I get off from work! I know how frustrating it can be playing with the settings since the bot won't just take a sequence of skills and then execute it!

Your feedback is always welcome Asiangirl. I quite enjoy tinkering around with profiles. =)
I didn't see you mention it, but when is the bot activating rapid fire? Since that's an extremely pivotal point in the DPS differences. It should come after the initial burst when wildfire activates. You get your reassembled cleaner shot, followed by the ciochet, and then when things slow down after that opening burst, you pop rapid fire to keep the burst up.

Also I didn't see you mention hyper charge, I'm assuming you would have me manually cast correct?

I'm always happy to give feedback as I hope to give constructive feedback as I have cleared all content including A4S on both BRD and MCH.