Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.29 Average
how to stop "s" starting bot
(11-06-2015, 09:32 PM)Cichard Wrote:  dont use control for any ingame hotkeys problem=solved! :P

That's an absolutely awful suggestion.

I use Ctrl and Alt for my hotkeys, thanks to my history playing FFXI. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Accidentally starting the bot in the middle of a duty or something is super aggravating -- left control is also my push-to-talk button for voice chat.
I have been playing MMO's since 1998 and most games have ctrl defaulted but ive have always changed those keybinds i use shift and alt for my modifiers, ctrl was always akward because smaller key and father down the keyboard. shift and alt was much easier. push to talk ive alwaysed used the extra button on my mouse for that. most of the gamers i know dont use ctrl at all for any keybind because of this.
(11-13-2015, 02:34 PM)Cichard Wrote:  I have been playing MMO's since 1998 and most games have ctrl defaulted but ive have always changed those keybinds i use shift and alt for my modifiers, ctrl was always akward because smaller key and father down the keyboard. shift and alt was much easier. push to talk ive alwaysed used the extra button on my mouse for that. most of the gamers i know dont use ctrl at all for any keybind because of this.

The amount of time you've been playing MMOs and how you do your keybinds is irrelevant; Just because you don't use Ctrl for your keybinds doesn't mean nobody else should, nor does it make it an acceptable suggestion.
(11-13-2015, 09:48 PM)Farlance Wrote:  
(11-13-2015, 02:34 PM)Cichard Wrote:  I have been playing MMO's since 1998 and most games have ctrl defaulted but ive have always changed those keybinds i use shift and alt for my modifiers, ctrl was always akward because smaller key and father down the keyboard. shift and alt was much easier. push to talk ive alwaysed used the extra button on my mouse for that. most of the gamers i know dont use ctrl at all for any keybind because of this.

The amount of time you've been playing MMOs and how you do your keybinds is irrelevant; Just because you don't use Ctrl for your keybinds doesn't mean nobody else should, nor does it make it an acceptable suggestion.
sure it is, i am pretty sure, the bot is hard coded with those commands in the c++ side of things, its been asked before and pretty much has been said no it wont change. So that being the case i am giving a very acceptiable "work around" if you are not happy with that i am sorry but thats just how things are.

you gave your example to why you think its bad to have ctrl+s start the bot. so the amount of time you been playing and the keybinds you use are irrelevant, just because YOU use ctrl doesnt mean everyone else does.

i was mearly giving an example of what you could do to bypass it.