Thread Rating:
  • 33 Vote(s) - 3.12 Average
MMO Minion is the best for FFXIV?
(11-12-2015, 11:48 PM)Latty79 Wrote:  
(11-12-2015, 09:33 PM)SpankAss Wrote:  I use reborn when Minion is down and the only thing reborn has over minion is that after a big patch reborn is up within half the day while minion s down for at least 24 hours or more.

Since few months before HW I have yet to see minion actually get the bot working the same day the patch hits. if they could someone fix that than minion would be hands down best over any other bot. The patch is the same size for minion and reborn but seems reborn devs can update there faster than minion devs. Doesnt make sense but its w/e.

Sucks I have to use reborn for 1 day and only the day a patch comes out lol

Minion is usually updated within an hour of servers being up after a patch, sometimes before they are up. 3.1 changed quite a few things, so it was much slower than usual. Not sure what you are talking about.
the first patch it took more than 24 hours was when HW dropped which is expected and reborn was up within 6 hours.

2nd time was for alex savage patch and minion was down for 24 hours while reborn was up about 15 hours later which was in time for raiding.

3rd time was just now with 3.1 and minion was down over 24 hours while reborn was up for raiding when i got home.

I am not saying i rather use reborn cause it truly does suck for raiding. My dps was shit and it was using skills that i would never use at the wrong times and i couldnt even adjust the profile.

I only see minion down for 24 hours with the big patches and changes and i do understand it but i am just stating facts from the 3 times i saw this happen. Generally your right minion is up fast with the small patches.

I dont know if its cause minion is way more detailed than reborn or what or they have more man power than minion.

The only thing I can ever say in the pros vs cons thing is that the ONE and only con is that minion isnt ready for raiding on major patch days. The other 1 million pros def make up for it but i was merely saying how much it sucks to have to use reborn for those times lol

(11-12-2015, 09:58 PM)Ace Wrote:  I can only recall one time in any recent history where they were up before us, and that was when most of our staff was on vacation on the same day as an unfortunate coincidence. Most of the time it is several days before they are back since every piece of their bot is farmed out third party.

maybe than they just get the assist part working or something idk. but all 3 times i listed i used reborn albeit horribly lol over minion to just get by for that raid day. Was a nightmare though and next time i think i am just gonna play manually lol.

my manual play is way better than reborn assist
As soon as you mentioned the first patch it took more than 24 hours was when HW dropped which is expected and reborn was up within 6 hours, I had to laugh. Your memory sucks. Took them 3 days, they had an assist bot with nothing else, but that's it.
(11-13-2015, 09:10 PM)Latty79 Wrote:  As soon as you mentioned the first patch it took more than 24 hours was when HW dropped which is expected and reborn was up within 6 hours, I had to laugh. Your memory sucks. Took them 3 days, they had an assist bot with nothing else, but that's it.

no i know that lol. But thats my point they still had assist bot avail for that evening to raid alex normal with at least.

Trust me reborn sucks compared to minion

I remember it well to and reborn did take alot of time to be fully working but there assist was working right away. I only use the bot for the assist 90% of the time. Sometimes i use it for other stuff but not to often. Minion assist so the best from all the bots i have trialed thus far. the profiles here are the best too. Some of them are so close to the same dps that the Elysium guys i run with do they dont even notice i am using minion lol.
The minion guys try to get most things available for people to use because as sson as people try and log in after updates when something isnt working 20 new posts pop up due to not reading what works and what doesnt in the status thread.

I dont beleive there has been any official request for priority of modes to get up asap.
if you want assist mode up asap perhaps raise it with them.

if enough people agree it may happen but farmers will want duty mode and quest mode as a prio so it may not happen or in some cases not possible.
(11-14-2015, 01:47 AM)sebbs Wrote:  The minion guys try to get most things available for people to use because as sson as people try and log in after updates when something isnt working 20 new posts pop up due to not reading what works and what doesnt in the status thread.

I dont beleive there has been any official request for priority of modes to get up asap.
if you want assist mode up asap perhaps raise it with them.

if enough people agree it may happen but farmers will want duty mode and quest mode as a prio so it may not happen or in some cases not possible.
i had pmed powder on it and sadly its not possible
Everything is so intertwined, if we did do that, it would pretty much crash if you sneezed and forums would blow up. We usually have updates within 10 minutes of there being one as long as fx or myself is around when it happens.
HW was actually way easier to update than 3.1 , they changed a lot of their back end code which is annoying to update.
If I had to choose one, Minion hands-down. I don't even know where to start to say all the things Minion does better than Reborn. Not saying Reborn is bad but lackluster. Overall Minion>>any other bot. That said I recommend you to have both, Reborn has things that are free while in Minion are paid and viceversa (although in Reborn there is no official store, in my opinion a mistake).

When I researched about what bot to use people tend to agreed that the best ones were Reborn and Minion. I went first with Reborn and at first I was amazed. I only wanted to level up my alts through fates and level my gathering. Reborn does it OK. When I planned to bot other things I realize how luckluster it was. You have to know LUA coding to make your profiles while in Minion there is a interface. Basic features like eating or repairing are plugins you have to download, not build-in. Combat routines sucks, interface sucks, navigation meshes sucks and many other things that I won't bother to mention.

For the reasons above I decided to pay for Minion. Only thing that I do with Reborn is gathering since there are profiles for almost everything and I do it with Reborn because I have a lifetime key. You can do it with Minion also so the only thing that Reborn does better maybe is flying and I think this going to change soon.
(11-15-2015, 02:41 PM)Xzelio Wrote:  I went first with Reborn and at first I was amazed. I only wanted to level up my alts through fates and level my gathering. Reborn does it OK. When I planned to bot other things I realize how luckluster it was.

My experience using Minion and Reborn is:

Minion strength is skill manager, combat assist and some nice hacks like auto repair and teleportation.

Reborn strength is TGathering, Collectible, ephemeral farming, aetherial reduction, crafting, questing, Triple Triad. But u need some paid plugins such as Lisbeth and Lisbeth grind addons. Fate farming is also faster with reborn because it support flying between fates in CHW gaining about 450-700k exp/h. Is support flying in all HW zones and gathering as well.

B
hey at least most the people who reviewed here said the same thing as me. Idk why i got hated on before commenting the same thing back in the Flying thread...if Minion want to be the best bot and I really want them to be, they need to step it up with improving gathering support, and crafting, they can learn a thing or two with lisbeth plugin, seriously that plugin is a beast. No messy markers, no messy creating crafting skills, gathering skills, you just type in what you want to gather, what you want to craft and it will just do everything WITH flying supported...

- Also it costs $35 and you have to teach it all the recipes, let's not leave out the facts.
Ok Ace we need that lisbeth plugin thats what i know xD

Didnt knew about it cause i came 2 minion 1st but damn dem features look nice.