Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
New Macro/Multiskill System - (12/8/15)
This system should help alleviate the use of multiple upon multiple sets of skills for various chains and such, to use just follow the simple steps below:

Designate one skill to be the "evaluation/starter" skill.

You will have to setup one skill, such a mudra for a ninjutsu chain, to be the skill that gets evaluated per the normal condition set.

Set the "Skill Type" to "Macro".

Pretty self-explanatory, but don't forget this step or things will get weird.

Build the macro

The fields are fairly self-explanatory, each piece consists of an action ID, a target, a post-action throttle, and an optional message such as "/p Casted Some Skill" (without the quotes, and do not use quotes in your message).

[Image: 6a76556d0c.jpg]

[Image: f401c579ea.jpg]

Notes

Macro sequences have no way of being interrupted, so they are 100% safe from outside interaction from the skill profile.

Including skills that may not be available (such as off GCD skills) should work fine as there are some protections to just simply skip the skill if it won't be up and ready anytime soon, so as not to throw everything off track.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vavnthv16v6pl7...3.lua?dl=0

This is a Ninja profile I made that uses macros instead of skill sequences for Ninjutsu (not 100% completed, testing purposes), that gives a decent example of how I did mine.

Other Stuff
I added a "Filters" section for the skill profiles that you can specify what each profile does and save it into the profile.

Have fun!
HYPEHYPEHYPE
Sweet can't wait.
Very nice Ace! The mudra speed is a lot faster using "macro" though could only use on huton as I kept getting a targeting error if I targeted a mob of "Target function returned no valid target.". Saving space in the skill manager from this is also so great not to mention the ease of use of it. As always Ace great work.
might that be the fix for actual AST/Sch/Whm profiles :o
Update is posted now, and the instructions are added up above.
(12-10-2015, 02:07 AM)Ace Wrote:  Update is posted now, and the instructions are added up above.

Would it be possible to add ground placement AoEs support (Flaming Arrow, Shadow Flare) to the macro system?
Yes, that will come next, along with some other target types probably.
Seems your ninja profile has a few macro's set to action as skill type instead of macro Ace but thanks for the example profile.
I have no doubt, some of them I had kind of half-converted for testing but then I screwed a couple up and couldn't be bothered to fix it since it's just a test thing.