Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
New Macro/Multiskill System - (12/8/15)
I feel like this new update broke profiles that contain chains.

For my personal BRD profile with skill queue disabled, my Heavy Shot without the chain parameter will never cast if I have another Heavy Shot somewhere with a chain. With Skill Queue enabled, Heavy Shot will cast, but if I move before the cast finishes, it'll never cast Heavy Shot again. If i disable the Heavy Shots inside my chains, the Heavy Shot outside the chains start to work again.

Before the update, my profile didn't have any issues.

I also had this similar issue for my NIN profile where Spinning Edge would have the same problem.

Edit: I was able to reproduce the problem on your profile by adding in a Spinning Edge at the top of the profile skill list and making it a chain with a conditional that cannot be fulfilled so that the chain never starts. The original Spinning Edge in the skill list bugs out and never activates.

Edit2: I was able to work around this issue by moving all my chained Heavy Shot skills below my unchained Heavy Shot skills.
Can a macro be used to initiate/as part of a chain? Wondering because brd and drk openers....

Edit: for ground aoes.
Sooo. it's like sub macro in profile as i undestand?
In theory "spoilers ;)" can be added into this system in the future am i right?
Don't spoil all my surprises.. :)

Yes, this is sort of the test-bed for a few upgrades I'm about to make.

At the moment macros are fired and don't really interact much with the rest of the profile (intentionally), but that will be changing.
The part that takes the most time with skill manager is trying to allocate 100 new GUI items every time I touch something, but it is what it is.

I found a couple of things about the current system that I wasn't really fond of so I have a few more improvements. Also found what looks to be an old lingering error/bug that should've been squashed a long time ago.

Other things that will be getting added..
3 new conditionals to make BLM profiles easier, testing now, seems to work well.
More sets of buff conditionals. 1 set of buff checks per skill doesn't cut it if you need to check various timers on each buff, so I have to add more and possibly break them out into a new window as "buff sets" much like macros have been done.

I'm also trying to do all this while improving flight throughout HW since the base system is now in place, and also prepping for a very nice new quest profile package for gathering classes so I can't say it will happen all overnight.
This is very thought out. I love the macro so far for It works nicely to make a brd opener.
Problems I have noticed with new macro system(my opinion of course):
-macro continues after bot is stopped
-macro continues on mob that its started on regardless if you target another mob
-can't start rotation with a macro
-can't use macro's with chain's (unless this is intention because chains are being fazed out?)
-no ground target ability on macro's yet

p.s. The messages within the macro system are nice is there anyway to add a feature like adding a message as a fake action in the skill manager that does nothing but send message in game like when certain timers are ready. e.g. all timers needed for openers.
Oo. Can fix my astro with the macro system.
Before anybody wastes any time on it, with yesterday's update you'll see some prep work in the GUI for different types of actions in the macro system builder, please ignore this, as these are not active yet, "Action" is still the only valid type at this time.
Has anyone tried Sebbs scholar profile in party yet since this updated?
Any chance we could get the state of the skill queuing option to be saved with the profiles ?