Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Small stutter when dodging aoe skills
This happens to everyone atm, and i think the devs should prioritize it.
(01-06-2016, 10:45 PM)hatsumori Wrote:  This happens to everyone atm, and i think the devs should prioritize it.

i cannot reproduce this issue at all, i ve been leveling up plenty of characters via questing profiles, from 50-60 and its working great. but i also dont do anything with the autofacing settings.
(01-07-2016, 01:53 AM)Cichard Wrote:  
(01-06-2016, 10:45 PM)hatsumori Wrote:  This happens to everyone atm, and i think the devs should prioritize it.

i cannot reproduce this issue at all, i ve been leveling up plenty of characters via questing profiles, from 50-60 and its working great. but i also dont do anything with the autofacing settings.

I found some semi-crappy vid recorder and made this video. Sorry for the annoy text over it.

Anyways, hopefully someone from the devi team will finally provide some input on this issue.

https://vid.me/rrSC
The problem has nothing to do with the auto-face settings. By default, the auto-face setting is disabled in the bot and enabled in-game. It stutters with these settings. I've tried disabling / enabling them and it still stutters. I've tried this with a fresh install of minion, ffxiv and pretty much a clean install of windows 10.
Maybe this thread has been so far ignored because we did not filled out the questions form? I did not expect a fix but at least for Devs to acknowledge that there might be a semi-serious bug would be nice. Anyways, here it is:

* What OS are you running? Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
* What AV is installed?(Antivirus) No
* Where is the bot installed?(installed path) C:\MINIONAPP
* Do you have any Anti-Malware installed? No
* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, guildworks,Teamviwer installed? No
* Did you follow the install instructions found HERE yes
* Are you running the bot as admin? Yes
* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client? Launch App
*Are you running any Bot addons? Uninstalled. No change.

PS: At the moment it is best to use about 400 millisecond pulse rate to cut down stuttering by more than half. This results in approximate 2 twitches per second.
I have the same problem, neither disabling or enabling autoface in bot and ingame seems to make a difference. Am on Windows 7 though

Are you using melee classes? How does it handle big circular AOEs?

If yours is working fine maybe we could figure out where LUA for AOE avoidance is located and have you upload the one that is working fine. This issue seems to be clearly with a bot since every in game setting has been reset to default, toggled on and off, and bot along with addons was entirely reinstalled. It does not matter what mode is selected, whenever Avoid AOE is selected it produces the same results that I presented in the video previously.
(01-08-2016, 01:49 AM)zeleniy Wrote:  

If yours is working fine maybe we could figure out where LUA for AOE avoidance is located and have you upload the one that is working fine. This issue seems to be clearly with a bot since every in game setting has been reset to default, toggled on and off, and bot along with addons was entirely reinstalled. It does not matter what mode is selected, whenever Avoid AOE is selected it produces the same results that I presented in the video previously.

Same problem on avoiding circular AOEs. Bot moves away, but then on turning back to target it stutters badly whilst turning the 180 degrees back to the target. It's very noticable. Default settings, happens in all modes when avoid aoe is used. not using autoface settings at all.

It's worth noting for others who are seeing this to know: Using Zel's suggestion about changing pulse to 400ms cuts the stutter down to *almost* tolerable levels. Maybe if someone is investigating this issue try speeding up the pulse if the effect isn't being seen when dodging aoe. At the default 150ms it looks very bottish, as if the program is repeatedly and freakishly fast pressing and releasing the A or D key to turn.

oh so its only circle aoe? I watched your video, i didnt see anything bad in that video "turning" like this has always been this way with the bot. You cannot see this from an out sider looking in, if you watch your bot from another account its smooth. just looks like keyboard turning or turning with a controller.
(01-08-2016, 07:05 PM)Cichard Wrote:  

oh so its only circle aoe? I watched your video, i didnt see anything bad in that video "turning" like this has always been this way with the bot. You cannot see this from an out sider looking in, if you watch your bot from another account its smooth. just looks like keyboard turning or turning with a controller.
Circles are especially bad. Other AOEs are random. Sometimes it returns to target smoothly and other time it freaks out.

Anyways, for me it was never like this. The bot would avoid AOE, idle, then return to combat once AOE was not there. Right now it dodges AOE, starts having seizures, then after seizures have passed it returns to target.