Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Concerns with ACR
I have a couple concerns about ACR.

Are the Devs committing to making these profiles put out top rotations required for Raid DPS/heals/random mechanics/etc?  We already have made Assist work to put out top Raid numbers and people have put a lot of efforts in to making those profiles.

That being said, I do see much room for improvement with the Assist tool.  For example, there are too many chances for lockups and 'top to bottom' priorities aren't 100% reliable.

I don't mean to be rude or offend, but I have never found any Assist profile made by the devs that works well for raiding.  Any top end raid profile I've found has been made by a user or one I've heavily manipulated from examples I've seen.

I see something happening akin to the last big minion update that added new questing mode.  We had an incredible free tool named Legendary Fisher that would do any complicated task you wanted with a few instinctual clicks.  This was replaced with a gathering mode that wasn't nearly as instinctual and wouldn't do nearly as complicated tasks.  On top of that there are paid add ons that I haven't tried that I'm not sure would do everything the free Legendary Fisher did.

I'm just worried that something the community has made work to a top end level at no additional charge is going to be replaced with something you pay to add on and doesn't work as well again.

At the same time, I'm hoping that ACR will be the next big improvement and look forward to making it the best thing out there.

As a side note, I am curious how many of the devs actually use minion to help Raid and clear content early in patches?  I believe experience doing this is required if you are going to make ACR profiles.
This was actually my main concern as well

Ive been using minion since ARR start days (3 yrs ago) and Ive never found the stock profiles to be optimal towards end game so hopefully this is something they fix with this addition

From what Ive noticed as well, I am all for updates however the speed at which the bot's skill manager gets updated and the rates at which users update their profiles has a huge gap - Ive seen really excellent profiles go to dust because the bot was updated and profile makers either quit the game or just go inactive in the forums which I dont blame anyone for.

It would be nice if we could finally get dedicated skill profiles that can be used for end game.
Assist mode is not disappearing.

the concept of the ACR is simplicity of enabling and disabling profiles.
Furn on individual filters adjust heal levels etc without even opening the skill manager window.

Rotations are made by the developer ACR isnt made just for 1-60 leveling or just raids.

In saying that people can make there own profiles too
well if one wants to sell something on store they also have to commit to maintain it till game or bot goes end of life.
(04-14-2016, 03:54 PM)sebbs Wrote:  Assist mode is not disappearing.

the concept of the ACR is simplicity of enabling and disabling profiles.
Furn on individual filters adjust heal levels etc without even opening the skill manager window.

Rotations are made by the developer ACR isnt made just for 1-60 leveling or just raids.

In saying that people can make there own profiles too

Oh, so ACR is just going to be a front end or GUI for existing skill manager?
Something to keep in mind with paid addons within Minion is that anybody who releases items within our store is contractually obligated to maintain them (within reason), which is something you don't get with free tools.

Further, ACR (and Questing for that matter) are also free tools, that absolutely anybody can write profiles for, they don't have to come in the form of paid addons.

Your post touches on one of the main points of why ACR has come along though, which is that you are wanting top-tier performance, but you want it incredibly simple, which is something that does not normally go hand-in-hand.
Referring back to Legendary Fisher, it was instinctual (to some more than others), but if you compare what it is capable of versus what our current systems can do, it is overwhelmingly inferior.
This is just because you couldn't possibly have squeeze enough options into our older interface to make it user-friendly and completely capable.

Our new GUI systems make it possible for competent developers to bridge that gap with a multitude of dynamic options and being able to write code that is not limited by SkillManager's inherent generic requirements to create ACR profiles that are simultaneously friendly, and not handicapped in any performance.

To further drive home the point, LegendaryFisher (and lots of SkillManager profiles along the way) were not removed/replaced, they were abandoned by their creators.
SkillManager and it's profiles aren't going anywhere, but it isn't going to magically evolve either, and it simply can't reach the same heights that ACR can.

Not that I'm trying to be rude, but simply from my contributions to Minion compared to your own, I don't think you should worry too much about how committed I am.
I can't speak for all community developers, but I do not release things with my name on it with the intention of ever having it be second-best.
Its separate at this stage.
the Main bot ui will be updated... Ace is already looking at it but it totally optional to use.
(04-14-2016, 04:17 PM)Ace Wrote:  Not that I'm trying to be rude, but simply from my contributions to Minion compared to your own, I don't think you should worry too much about how committed I am.
I can't speak for all community developers, but I do not release things with my name on it with the intention of ever having it be second-best.

I really did not want to offend, I apologize.  I was under the assumption that the Devs were on the payroll or compensated somehow from Minion.  If that's not the case then it does change things and makes me look like more of an A-hole, lol!
(04-14-2016, 04:17 PM)Ace Wrote:  Not that I'm trying to be rude, but simply from my contributions to Minion compared to your own, I don't think you should worry too much about how committed I am.

That is the truth, can rely on ACE his support is top notch
SkillManager will still be getting its dues as well, it's just in line right now behind overhauling the rest of the user interface into the new age, which is a pretty involved project by itself.
The goal with SkillManager is to eventually turn the conditions into an opt-in strategy instead of an opt-out, so that the user is slammed with so many GUI options as soon as they open a skill.