Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
ATTENTION: All Amd graphic users read this.
I'm in a few hours now, and I have non loading models. Performance seems to be okay still. I think we have mitigated the issue in part, but still not quite there :(
(05-04-2016, 01:52 AM)u9w30y Wrote:  I'm in a few hours now, and I have non loading models. Performance seems to be okay still. I think we have mitigated the issue in part, but still not quite there :(

I'm still getting the yellow 'artificating' now as well, and almost seems to be worse in some parts. Luckily, nothing is disappearing yet, like chocobos and armor yet, but I'm sure it is coming. Ah well, at least we tried. :/
(05-04-2016, 12:36 AM)u9w30y Wrote:  I'm about an hour in, no performance drops at all, no lag, no yellow shit, no floating legs, no missing chocobos.

I think we've got a winner.

Awesome I am glad it worked for you!
(05-04-2016, 02:07 AM)Dajjan Wrote:  
(05-04-2016, 01:52 AM)u9w30y Wrote:  I'm in a few hours now, and I have non loading models. Performance seems to be okay still. I think we have mitigated the issue in part, but still not quite there :(

I'm still getting the yellow 'artificating' now as well, and almost seems to be worse in some parts. Luckily, nothing is disappearing yet, like chocobos and armor yet, but I'm sure it is coming. Ah well, at least we tried. :/

There has to have been a step you skipped. I am curious. After installing did another white AMD installer pop up? It did on my girlfriends computer but not mine so i thought she did something differn't. If it did did you hit install? If you did that is where you messed up. You have to do everything i said 100%
(05-04-2016, 02:17 AM)Moogle Wrote:  
(05-04-2016, 02:07 AM)Dajjan Wrote:  

There has to have been a step you skipped. I am curious. After installing did another white AMD installer pop up? It did on my girlfriends computer but not mine so i thought she did something differn't. If it did did you hit install? If you did that is where you messed up. You have to do everything i said 100%

Followed it to the letter, bro. Actually had your instructions up on one computer while installing it on the other one. I never got a second installer, just the original one, chose not to install Vulkan, Raptr or Catalyst, just chose the exact options that were in the steps. Just doesn't seem to work on mine, I might try to play it for a bit without the bot on and see if it still happens. If it does, it is obviously the graphics card, if not, it really might be the bot eating up memory or something, who knows.

I'm not upset about it, it is usually the slave computer anyways and I don't do anything on it, it is just connected to a big screen that bots and plays my movies. However, the reason I've been noticing it a lot lately is because I had to send in my 980ti for an RMA and I've been forced to use it lately, which made the artificating pretty annoying. They go away immediately when I restart the game and reappear about an hour in.
Don't get me wrong, it's certainly working better. But still - disappearing models are no bueno. I'm sure the yellow texturing has just been put off until later too.

I definitely didn't skip any steps. I thought it was pecurliar cause I have also done a minimal install in the past with this issue as well as using old Catalyst drivers before the gaming center and vulkan were a thing using DDU to wipe the drivers before loading new ones.
(05-04-2016, 03:21 AM)u9w30y Wrote:  Don't get me wrong, it's certainly working better. But still - disappearing models are no bueno. I'm sure the yellow texturing has just been put off until later too.

I definitely didn't skip any steps. I thought it was pecurliar cause I have also done a minimal install in the past with this issue as well as using old Catalyst drivers before the gaming center and vulkan were a thing using DDU to wipe the drivers before loading new ones.

I'm glad it worked at least a little but I was hoping it would fix peoples problems like it did me and my girlfriend's. I had my character grinding fates and hers farming atherial nodes all night. Then we ran dungeons today all day and it's running again right now. I use to have to reboot every 15 minutes but I have literally had perfect performance over 24 hours. :( wish I could help you both more.