Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
MCH abilities, many are action 34
This issue makes tweaking a skill profile very difficult, some things I've found impossible to do so far.  Here is a list of skills that are all action 34:

Gauss Round
Heartbreak
Quick Reload
Reload
Hypercharge
Reassemble
Wildfire
Rapid Fire

Can these have unique action ID's?  For example, sucks watching the bot cast reload and then quick reload back to back (wastes ammo and GCD time).
look at the cast id not action id
Cast ID's are easy to find, they're right on the skill themselves. What I need is the actionID. There is a field in skill manager that is "Current Action NOT". This is the only field I've found that recognizes things fast enough to be able to not double cast stuff.

For example, for Quick Reload I have "previous Skill ID NOT" = 2867. Even though it's there, Reload will still cast right after Quick Reload (and vice versa) if it's ready. The only sure way I've found to prevent things like that from happening is to use the "Current Action NOT" field. This problem with "previous Skill ID NOT" has been described in a bunch of other posts on these forums too.
action ids are the visual action of the task so that wont work properly.

try posting an example of what you want..
My example above will work. I don't want bot to cast quick reload right after reload. You can't have more than 5 ammo anyways.
The visual actions all seem to be unique. So maybe the newer job actions were never added to Minion? Is 34 just a default/general identifier?
(07-21-2016, 09:35 PM)sebbs Wrote:  action ids are the visual action of the task so that wont work properly.

try posting an example of what you want..

Current Action NOT works for every other job to prevent back to back usage.  Its really for optimizing for end game raiding.  The skillmanager is a funny lil' beast to optimize. 

I think the MCH actions just got all got the same general number?
As i said above its the visual of what its doing .. so reload action will be the same as quick reload etc.

or 34 is the action of putting the weapon back into position.

either way actions are a bad way to setup a skill profile.

why dont you try an acr?

http://wiki.mmominion.com/doku.php?id=acr
ACR will probably never work for endgame raids and progression, at least for maximizing your roll. Strategies differ too much and too many on the fly changes need to be made. When new content comes out, mechanics can dictate some very unique profile builds.

As far as the "Current Action NOT" field in the skillmanager, it has been somewhat well documented how powerful those conditions can be to make a profile do what you want it to do. I'm not sure if you play MCH, but the visual actions are definitely not the same for reload and quick reload.
do i dont use it but there is obviously an action there that is the same...

ACR profiles can be made to swap routines at the click of a button if you set it up right..