Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
MCH abilities, many are action 34
I don't exactly know what you're trying to do with current action, but this scenario is not at all what it should be used for.
You should be using "Previous Skill Not", with the spell ID for Reload or Quick Reload or whatever was cast previously.
OK, so there is something identical about all these actions?

Gauss Round
Heartbreak
Quick Reload
Reload
Hypercharge
Reassemble
Wildfire
Rapid Fire

These are all action ID 34. Some of these are wildly different from eachother. Are you sure it's not something overlooked by the Minion base bot?
minion reads the data from the game its not reading from a database we made.

the action 34 is what the game says it has done last.
and that is only a visual thing.

you will probly find its a simple return to stance visual....

as ace says use previous skills
Previous skill NOT doesn't work for ogcd's. I have NOT quick reload for reload, and NOT reload for quick reload. It's like the bot can't tell fast enough that the previous skill was used before it tries to queue up the next one.

Current Action NOT is something that the other high end profile makers were using to work around this as well. I'm not sure if HXX112 was the first to find this workaround for the "Previous Skill NOT" issue, but you can see his example in EasyBard. In the case of barrage, an oGCD, you never want to follow it with anything other than Empyreal Arrow. If you put "Previous Skill NOT" = 107 on, for example Iron Jaws, then Iron Jaws could still cast and ruin your barrage. It wasn't until HXX112 put "Current Action NOT" = 413 that it totally prevented skillmanager from messing up a Bard's Barrage.
Nothing? I'm honestly just trying to make Minion better. This has been a known issue for a long time. I'm surprised I have to be re-litigating this.

Sometimes I wonder if Minion is for the level 1-59 jobs, the gil seller, and not so much for the level 60 raider. I know it all works well; I want it to be great! I have fun manipulating Minion in the same way I have fun playing FFXIV.

I've used Minion to regularly parse DPS in the top 90-95% of world players, a good accomplishment you should be able to brag Minion up with. I also know how to do slightly better with manual play. I'm here trying to make Minion better and I know how to. I'm not sure why I'm getting the blow back.
skill manager will never be as capable as ACR.

you can use it to lockout as you like. swap skills or rotations in a click of a button.

I dont do any end game raiding so we rely on raiders to tell us whats required.

skill manager will always exist ace has over hauled it so many times its probly going to stay as it is.

try using the skill on cooldown checks...
I guess if previous skill ID worked in skill manager for an oGCD that would be best. We've been working around it for a long time though. Not sure if there are any upgrades/fixes to skill manager planned since ACR has come about though.

As far as raiding profiles go, what is required is being fully customizable on the fly. Progression raiders get into instances that often introduce new mechanics that make the unforeseen a requirement. I can't wait to prove to minion something is required, wait for minion to work on it and post it to the forums, download and install it, and test out the changes to see if they even work. I've gone through many iterations of my profiles just for A8S in a very quick span. Testing and retesting until things work nicely. What that all means is I'd need to be able to:

change openers
a delayed opener
change rotation
change which buffs work together for each raid
add/remove abilities to be used on specific mobID's
ability to save profiles specific to a raid
ability to switch profiles phase by phase within a raid

Just a few off the top of my head.
you know you can make your own acr files right?
Maybe I should look into how to program those I guess? Seems intimidating. Any of the complete paid for profiles you wouldn't be able to use for examples right, because of encryption?
true but the discord chat has a channel you can ask for help if you need examples.