Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 2.87 Average
Trigger [Machinist][Combat Routine]
Opening up the thread for questions/concerns.

##OPENER TIPS##
Since the Machinist opener is quite technical, I need to provide a quick tip regarding how to use it.

It requires 5 ammunition to start, and that Reload and Quick Reload have no more than 5 seconds of cooldown time remaining.
If you don't meet this requirement, then you are not going to hit the opener.

For a full breakdown of how it works, see the (3.25) opener here -->: http://dtguilds.enjin.com/namessmchguide
I have just started using this routine but I noticed that when I went in a dungeon sometimes when the turret is set to auto and if it tries to swap turrets mid combat its spazzes out and keeps trying to place the turret but never succeeds. I have tried to recreate this and record it but it has proven quite difficult to record the moment this happens as it doesn't happen consistently. Also regarding auto mode for gauss barrel does it only turn gauss of when it moving. If so is there any way to make it turn off automatically when certain skills are on cooldown and turn back on when they are off cooldown.
Code:
[14:17]The rook autoturret withdraws from the battlefield.
[14:18]Unable to execute action due to aetherial interference.
[14:18]The rook autoturret withdraws from the battlefield.
Seem to happen it when you are too far from your turret.  I tried to duplicated it.
I have a concern Ace, where is the WHM assembly ^.^

Great assembly, my roomate has it I'll buy as soon as I get mine higher. Quality product as always.
Auto will turn it off while moving, and also during the opener. Could probably add more circumstances but I would need to have a better idea of what you're going for.

I will try to adjust some things regarding pet position. It's a little tricky since it's a ground cast and I have limited feedback to tell me if the position I'm placing it at is always "valid".
Ran this through raid...All setting is default nothing changed.
Couple things do stand out.
TP promotion never work properly. Once it stuck in TP for rook it stay in and spam it when everyone is full TP will not get out until depleted all MP.
The Opener is not very optimal. Reload triggered outside of combat whenever you near mob isn't very efficient. It should be part of the opener after wildfire is up.
There are more choke point with this ACR that isn't reported on the console at all so very difficult to pint point where the issue is.
Why do you think the opener is not optimal? Do you have a better source for one? The current one is pulled from here: http://dtguilds.enjin.com/namessmchguide
Accordingly you have the opener follow this rotation:
Prebuff Reload (OOC)
Hawk's Eye > Blood For Blood > Raging Strikes > Hot Shot 1* > Hypercharge > Draconian Potion of Dexterity > Lead Shot 0* > Reload5* > Split Shot4* > Wildfire > Slug Shot 3* > Reassemble > Quick Reload 4* > Clean Shot 3* > Rapid Fire > Gauss Round > Split Shot 2* > Ricochet > Slug Shot 1* > Head Graze > Split Shot 0* > Blank > Clean Shot 0* > Slug Shot 0*

Out of the 10 runs (we have few hiccup in A8S few times) The opener never prebuff. It will always start with Hot Shot then randomly weaving buff in-between OCD which is extremely bad for mch because we have pretty much instant skills for opener.
The opener button really needs to be unique. Since it will only apply ONCE for the opener only, it should automatically turn off once the opener is completed.
I feel like only the opener is iffy. Everything else seems to be ok beside the TP turret.

For the TP trouble:
Mnk died. The turrent auto promote (full mp) and keep spamming promote on and off (though it was weird). Half mp down, mnk full everyone full TP, turret will not autoshut off TP, I tried to manual turn off and it kicked back in TP. Had few members tell me to turn it off. Tried so many times and i got fed up and manually toss bishop out to prevent it from turn on. (This was in A8S).
Wait, i've a question. How do you even kill the executioner orb if you unleash a full opener from the start? From what i've experienced you will be needing some CD's for that. Also from what i've read in the link Ace linked. That's pretty much the 5 ammo opener they use on the JP servers, which to get higher wildfire numbers, albeit slightly different.

As a side note, i've been left wondering if there's a way to make it use ricochet on a training dummy, as it doesnt do that even with destroy on.
Elizasleyn, once you out gear A8S content, you don't need hold any buff for add.
Everyone got 245 weapons 5-7 normal CDs will kill add without any buff.

We are currently even play with the idea to have OT (War and SCH) to get add and have blm and mch stay on boss whole time for even faster push.