Thread Rating:
  • 31 Vote(s) - 3.35 Average
Coming soon to a theatre near you (updated - new videos)
I've been wondering this for a while now is the scripting language exclusively LUA? Or can it handle C#? which happens to be my preferred language. I've looked around and more or less come to the conclusion that it's exclusively LUA, but i would like to confirm that none the less so that I can start reading up.
If you want to run C# you better be good in C++ and messy tricks so stick to LUA...

Also, Lua is the easiest to learn/adapt to of all...
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn...
etA? :D
Stop with the teasing =P
I too threw my money at the monitor but now I cant see anything--must look behind it
okay, but ppl said the gold price is already very low, so is this still profitable as gw2 at least?
There were numerous exploits that allowed lots of gold to leak into the economy after launch...whether or not the game will be profitable for rmt is something that will be decided six months down the road at the minimum. Believe it or not, there are still lots of people who pick up a bot key or two just because they like to play a game and want to automate some of the boring grind aspects rather than being solely concerned with making money. Not that I have anything against making money...whether ffxiv will be good for that or not is really not possible to determine this early. Just for reference, before the exploits were discovered gil was selling for $6.00 per 10k, which is a very nice price vs time ratio. If the game is popular (which it appears to be) and they plug the exploits there's no reason to assume that the current crap floating around the economy won't filter out as normal within 4-6 weeks and stabilize.
Please release it..I WANT TO BUY IT!
(09-21-2013, 02:02 AM)XetroM Wrote:  Please release it..I WANT TO BUY IT!

We're discussing the free trial/beta process currently...sounds like it will be a free week trial, and I doubt it will be too far into the future. In response to the other questions, we will most definitely be developing support for both quests and fates, and we already have a very significant chunk of the data necessary to script both. We are aware that some other bots have released already, but, as with gw2, minion will be the definitive bot for ffxiv, both in terms of functionality and support. If you are waiting for a quality bot for ffxiv, your patience will be rewarded.
okay, hope this is as profitable as gw 2, or ppl will stick to gw2 only