Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Crashing every 2 minutes
I'm facing the same problem now, but without any massage. Game closes without any kind of warning or something. Funny part of this situation is, every time when i restart FFXIV and Minion... Minion is reupdating.
im crashing very often now too.
(10-07-2013, 06:45 AM)HunterD727 Wrote:  I'm facing the same problem now, but without any massage. Game closes without any kind of warning or something. Funny part of this situation is, every time when i restart FFXIV and Minion... Minion is reupdating.

When it closes without warning (and not a crash) it's most likely due to one of two things: Either someone else is using the same username as you (make it RANDOM, asdfasd isn't random, for example, nor is 1234), or the devs have restarted the login server. First thing you should try is make a LONG random username with capitalization and numbers, that way you'll be guaranteed not to get booted by someone using the same one.
(10-07-2013, 07:41 AM)Sil Wrote:  
(10-07-2013, 06:45 AM)HunterD727 Wrote:  I'm facing the same problem now, but without any massage. Game closes without any kind of warning or something. Funny part of this situation is, every time when i restart FFXIV and Minion... Minion is reupdating.

When it closes without warning (and not a crash) it's most likely due to one of two things: Either someone else is using the same username as you (make it RANDOM, asdfasd isn't random, for example, nor is 1234), or the devs have restarted the login server. First thing you should try is make a LONG random username with capitalization and numbers, that way you'll be guaranteed not to get booted by someone using the same one.

I allready got a unique Name and the password is realy realy long (nothing random nor 1234 crap)... Still a odd situation. First u see that all works well (for a BETA realy good) and after a couple of minutes WUUSCH... Game closed with out any warrning.
@Sil, I've done that and here's the process list.
http://pastebin.com/pHHUhq44
I am not sure what's causing this, I am using a unique username..
Damn, so you have no idea what's causing this :\?
I think I figured out a temp solution. Whenever after I log in, I would go and turn on "Show Navmesh" and "Show Path" in MeshManager. Then I turn off "Show Path" and the bot would stop crashing. The only problem is that when I die, the bot stops moving.
(10-07-2013, 09:40 PM)Tompost Wrote:  I think I figured out a temp solution. Whenever after I log in, I would go and turn on "Show Navmesh" and "Show Path" in MeshManager. Then I turn off "Show Path" and the bot would stop crashing. The only problem is that when I die, the bot stops moving.

Looks like you found a solution. Now it works for me. Like you sad, i turned off the "ShowPath" and now, no more random crashes... but still kinda odd that this was the problem, don't you think!?
Yep, would be great if the admins can take a look into that.
Up until today I could run the gatherer non stop, at this point its just constant ffxiv has stopped working after 20secs to 4 mins. Paths that worked flawlessly are now crashing ffxiv client. Was going to post my navmesh's but sounds like you guys are aware so I'm sure it will get sorted :)

Edit: While it was working flawlessly and it did suddenly stop with me making no changes/installs to my system. I found that between running a registry cleaner, removing Avast and installing MSE and finally removing and redownloading minion, that the problem has been resolved. All of these ideas were from reading through all the posts and something worked! (Probably Avast to MSE).