Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.63 Average
Gathering MArker Bug
i discovered this bug while trying to farm Wind Crystal, Half of the node usually contain Crystals and Shards, while the rest only Shards, the problem is in the GatherManager under tha mining section, the item priority seem does not work well,

priority1: Wind Crystal/priority2: Wind Shard = Bot mining all Shards
priority1: Wind Shard/priority2: Wind Crystal = Bot mining all Shards
priority1: Wind Crystal/priority2: Nothing = Bot mining the crystals and G2 Carbonize matter, no shard at all
Might sound stupid, but be sure you have it activated, you can find this under generalsettings @ gathermanager.
I had same problem as you describe and that being my problem
i did tick that checkbox
(10-08-2013, 12:26 AM)Shisa Wrote:  Might sound stupid, but be sure you have it activated, you can find this under generalsettings @ gathermanager.
I had same problem as you describe and that being my problem

go try it out before you jump and call something stupid. i bet you didnt even try gathering.

it is something that i and others face. the priority is buggy for shards/crystals.
Okey so before you say something stupid out of the blue, i've been gathering over 8hours now without any problems

Just don't typ something like that when someone is trying to help another person... no use at all
It's alright folks, everyone is having different bugs depending on their setup so we might all be having completely different experiences. Please continue to post your issues and we'll sort out whether they're settings related or actual bugs in the code. Definitely glad to hear some of you are using the bot for long periods of time without problems, that's our goal for everyone as soon as possible.
(10-08-2013, 12:53 AM)f3re Wrote:  It's alright folks, everyone is having different bugs depending on their setup so we might all be having completely different experiences. Please continue to post your issues and we'll sort out whether they're settings related or actual bugs in the code. Definitely glad to hear some of you are using the bot for long periods of time without problems, that's our goal for everyone as soon as possible.

Yeah, Combat won't work at all for me. Gathering works just fine as long as I don't use navigation markers, except My character always runs over to places with nothing left to gather and stands there and sometimes crashes the game there. Hoping for more stable updates but this shows promising programming skills so far :)
(10-08-2013, 01:03 AM)JackofSpades707 Wrote:  
(10-08-2013, 12:53 AM)f3re Wrote:  It's alright folks, everyone is having different bugs depending on their setup so we might all be having completely different experiences. Please continue to post your issues and we'll sort out whether they're settings related or actual bugs in the code. Definitely glad to hear some of you are using the bot for long periods of time without problems, that's our goal for everyone as soon as possible.

Yeah, Combat won't work at all for me. Gathering works just fine as long as I don't use navigation markers, except My character always runs over to places with nothing left to gather and stands there and sometimes crashes the game there. Hoping for more stable updates but this shows promising programming skills so far :)

I've had similar issues with markers. If I had more than one on a single mesh the bot will sometimes run up to a node and not harvest it, instead running off to one of the markers. Sometimes it just sits there until I tap the spacebar to get it going again, sometimes the game just crashes outright.

I just deleted all of my other markers and made one on a somewhat small mesh and it's working better. I'd love to see it work on big meshes with multiple markers though.

FFXIVMinion's definitely got a lot of potential, if the stability/bugs can be worked on (which are to be expected, its in beta) this will be incredible.