Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
How to delete Old Triangles from Mesh file? MeshLab?
The "delete 50 triangles" command will only delete the latest 50 triangles.

Using MeshLab to delete face + vertices corrupts the *.obj file.

Not sure when will the official mesh editor be available? Or will there be someone kind enough to explain which option to use in MeshLab?
When saving from Meshlab, check none and it won't corrupt the 0bj file.
I had this problem selecting none too. When in mesh editor i can see triangles but not navmesh. Saving mesh solved my problem.
I just managed to edit a mesh using Blender - http://www.blender.org/ - too. it can easily import/export an obj file. The best part is that you can add/move vertices and faces with it.
Those are the settings needed when exporting into obj format from Blender:
[Image: FV9Vb.png]
Blender manual : http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual

Short tutorial for Blender:
Code:
A simple way to create a new vertex is to click Ctrl-LeftMouseButton in Edit mode. Of course, as a computer screen is two-dimensional, Blender can’t determine all three vertex coordinates from a single mouse click, so the new vertex is placed at the depth of the 3D cursor.
Code:
To create a face, select three or four suitable vertices and press F.
(10-21-2013, 10:28 AM)fxfire Wrote:  welllllll, I'm not sure if we are adding a manually click n remove cells/triangles with mouse at all. Adding some more modifyer for adding/removing meshparts will be possible indeed. So far I increased for testing the meshed area you do by pressing SHIFT + meshing from 15 to 150... it does a 0.5seconds "lag" and then a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE area is perfectly meshed for me. It took me less than 30min to mesh a whole map, totally perfectly fine. The only reason where some manual work could be required is in super slim passages or corners for the farming nodes. But besides that, did you find/see any other reasons where this would be needed?

meshlab is super nice btw :)

There's too many super slim passages, the bot just keep banging its head against left/right side of the opening of the entrance/exit (cough cough Quarry Mill public profiles).
(10-22-2013, 11:24 AM)fxfire Wrote:  I dont know where...can you make a screeny of it ?

Image size is quite big. Blockage marked in red.

I already fixed it by making the new mesh so narrow that it won't even touch the sides of the walls (way before entering and after entering)