Thread Rating:
  • 54 Vote(s) - 3.26 Average
[Module] Specific Hunting V 1.993+Mount Select +Chocobo Companion
true, I had 1.62, the console error is gone now with 1.63, fates are working... let's see if the mod does with cancer what it should ;)
let me know.
what works (most time) is the selection of the prioritized mob (cancer), though I sometimes also had an add as target, but maybe I had aggro. I also had the effect some else had here, that the bot doesn't stay on a target, when my pet is on it... (and no, I didn't have "prioritise targets" selected ;)) Had to remove it again, as cloth-wearing class a lot of mobs on me is no fun ;)
So here's the Dilemma currently i.e. the problem most of you are experiencing. Currently the way the module it set up and as far as I know the only way to know when you have already pulled a monster is by seeing what it's target is. I think i've thought up a solution to the problem that may or may not work but I can't test it since the servers just went down. I'll probably have a new version out that fixes these problems tomorrow.

If you guys have suggestions as for something to add please do tell. I'll eventually get to all of it.
OOPS wrong thread xD
I took a look at the code, if I understand it right (I'm talking only fate code now), line 225 is the one responsible to finish a mob. It has for the EntityList the parameter "targetingme", however, if I have my pet, the mob usually targets not me, but the pet... therefor I switch target, correct?
(10-30-2013, 10:51 AM)TauTau Wrote:  I took a look at the code, if I understand it right (I'm talking only fate code now), line 225 is the one responsible to finish a mob. It has for the EntityList the parameter "targetingme", however, if I have my pet, the mob usually targets not me, but the pet... therefor I switch target, correct?

I don't know how the game works, but in reality what you see in the game is that the pet is following you behind and only does it's first hit after you made at least 2-3 hits on the mob.
(10-30-2013, 12:18 PM)Koopla Wrote:  
(10-30-2013, 10:51 AM)TauTau Wrote:  I took a look at the code, if I understand it right (I'm talking only fate code now), line 225 is the one responsible to finish a mob. It has for the EntityList the parameter "targetingme", however, if I have my pet, the mob usually targets not me, but the pet... therefor I switch target, correct?

I don't know how the game works, but in reality what you see in the game is that the pet is following you behind and only does it's first hit after you made at least 2-3 hits on the mob.

true, but I think "targetingme" is having the aggro of the mob. With my tank-pet, it has aggro most of the time. Have to watch that in more detail...
Oh, I'm using the dps pet. I always have the aggro according to the in-game meters but still the character is switching targets before finishing the mob.
(10-30-2013, 12:27 PM)Koopla Wrote:  Oh, I'm using the dps pet. I always have the aggro according to the in-game meters but still the character is switching targets before finishing the mob.

hm, ok... I guess there should also be a possibility to check if a mob is targeting your pet... but maybe that's what wildicedemon is also currently thinking about ;)

(10-30-2013, 06:09 AM)wildicedemon Wrote:  So here's the Dilemma currently i.e. the problem most of you are experiencing. Currently the way the module it set up and as far as I know the only way to know when you have already pulled a monster is by seeing what it's target is.

hm, the grind mode of the bot doesn't have that behaviour, right? So there must be some way to get it working... maybe ask a dev on that?